Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC website been hacked!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The fact that the BBC is accused of being both too left wing, and also too right wing at times, suggests that they are a pretty balanced form of media. We should fight to protect it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
carol-hersee-now.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Weather page offline, but that just might be overloaded ahead of the storms?

You mean the site may be actually forecasting the correct weather instead of predicting unbroken sunshine when it is pouring outside? Sometimes I think the BBC forecasters would be better employed staring out the window maybe they may get the weather right occasionally.

Gertrude

May 10, 2014

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
In the last couple of weeks I've had a lot of problems loading various BBC pages. I thought it was just my connection but is it possible they've hit server trouble generally?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You mean the site may be actually forecasting the correct weather instead of predicting unbroken sunshine when it is pouring outside? Sometimes I think the BBC forecasters would be better employed staring out the window maybe they may get the weather right occasionally.

I put down some lawn treatment this afternoon, on the promise of some proper rain to wash it in, but I'll be getting my hose out shortly.

The BBC barely recognise Cornwall as having separate weather from that lump of land to the east. :annoyed:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
In the last couple of weeks I've had a lot of problems loading various BBC pages. I thought it was just my connection but is it possible they've hit server trouble generally?
The move to GoDaddy had a lot to do with it, i expect. Still, privatize we must.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The BBC. GoDaddy's hosting it now. To save money. Osborne got the £9.99 a month special.

i'm pretty sure they dont, curious where you heard that.

anyway notice the error message with the clown earlier, trouble at mill but not a hack.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Yeah thats it heres the original from back in the day. Still creepy mind.

TCF.jpg

I have no idea why but when I was 6/7/8 years old I always wondered why the girl had a shiny green knee ??? Ha ha ha

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Looks like its happening again this morning,...seeing that clown image again on weather pages.....must be the Russkies not liking the BBC news!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here