Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sports personality of the year 2012.

Nothing at all, great respect for them and what they've achieved at the Olympics, but, as SPOY is voted for by the public, and I don't think equestrian sports have the same wide-ranging appeal as some others.

Princess Anne won it once.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They managed to vote Cavendish to win SPOTY for winning a few TdF stages. What Wiggins has done, WAY surpasses that.

WINNING A FEW TdF STAGES!!!!! He became the first ever british winner of the Green Jersey!!!

Funny thing is his World Championship win this year would have been a massive deal usually, but it is a bit..... meh, after all the other great acheivements.

Wiggo should still win it, winning the TdF is one of the hardest things in sport, and to follow it up with a gold medal 3 weeks later just defies belief..... plus he is back in the saddle next week in the tour of Denmark. Amazing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Like I said earlier, and absolutely no disrespect to Princess Anne, but, most years they struggle to come up with a deserving winner. Especially compared to this year.

Ryan Giggs is proof of that.

Like I said earlier, and absolutely no disrespect to Princess Anne, but, most years they struggle to come up with a deserving winner. Especially compared to this year.

I agree, was just pointing out that Old HRH Horse face won it for being good on horses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Greg Rusedski, won it.
They only thing he did win that season!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WINNING A FEW TdF STAGES!!!!! He became the first ever british winner of the Green Jersey!!!

Funny thing is his World Championship win this year would have been a massive deal usually, but it is a bit..... meh, after all the other great acheivements.
Umm Pat, Cav won the Green and World Championship, last year, hence winning the SPoTY.

The World Championship is held in Sept.

If you want to make a shit load of money have a bet on Jon Tiernan-Locke winning it, this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here