Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sports Personality of The Year 2008

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The award is for the "Personality" not best sportsman since when has Hoy been a "Personality" ??? never heard speak before tonight.
What a load of crap

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Exactly the right 1,2,3. Vicci Pendelton :love:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah...those two words that seem so incongruent together: SPORTS PERSONALITY.

It always conjures up either a socially inept borderline moron like Rooney or it's the "Ay up! I'm fooking MAD, me" -types like Willie Carson.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Fair play to Chris Hoy, no problem with that, even though I actually went to the trouble of voting for the swimmist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well as one of NSC 3 resident cyclists, I'm obviously well happy with that.

The right team, coach (deffo), and man won.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ah...those two words that seem so incongruent together: SPORTS PERSONALITY.

It always conjures up either a socially inept borderline moron like Rooney or it's the "Ay up! I'm fooking MAD, me" -types like Willie Carson.

I suppose they should call it. People who actually get of their arses and do something sporty and win medals. ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I backed Chris Hoy at 7/2.. He won 3 golds to Adlingtons 2 and Hamilton was never going to win it as he is NOT a true Brit living in Switzerland so as to not get too much tax paid to the UK economy. No brainer. I should have had more than £ 12 on it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It was good to see Chris Hoy win, at least it proves that there is a sportsman who is capable of stringing a few sentences together when put on the spot...clearly he thought Lewis was a shoe in and didn't bother to prepare anything!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Extraordinary turn of events this month as

Swash deservedly wins IACGMOH, Alexandra deservedly wins the X Factor and Hoy deservedly wins sports personality of the year.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I suppose they should call it. People who actually get of their arses and do something sporty and win medals. ???

And fair play to them for that. Perhaps it was being forced to watch "Question of Sport" with such witty personalities as Neil Ruddock when I was younger has prejudiced my views.

Or watching Stevie Gerrard interviewed "Hey, like, at the end of the day, the gaffer asks me to do a job. The lads done good and I pops up to score, like. But it's one step at a time, you're only as good as your last match, know what I mean, like." ad infinitum.

Seems that the articulate ones like Hoy and Hamilton are the exceptions to the rule.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How on earht Michael Phelps did not win the International Award is beyond me.

What he did may well never be repeated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here