Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC South Sports presenter..... thick or what ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Going back to the point of the thread!

There was a reporter on ITV commenting on the media event of the moment the other day and in particular some ornate carriage. She described it as the carriage that will transport Jacksons body from Los Angeles back to California!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1.jpg

I mean come on !

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The infamous Trellic Tower, Grade II Listed and designed by Mr Goldfinger

2290625795_9b9d4a2637.jpg

A fantastic and iconic building, rightly listed IMHO. The residents of it love it too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hated by local people, hated by the council, hated by English Heritage but still some architects fought for it to be preserved.

02feb28robinhood.jpg

Luckily they lost.

I quite agree about Trellic Tower, but sometimes architects can be be absolute tits. Fighting for some "ironic" building and f*ck the poor souls who have to live under it's miserable presence.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In defence of the Robin Hood Garden Estate (mentioned above), Richard Rogers said

"The juxtaposition of the repetitive window frames, the columns and the linear terraces creates a unique and powerful aesthetic.

"The siting of the buildings around an elegant man-made mound creates a harmonious spacious enclosure, reminiscent of the great Georgian crescents and squares in Bath"

You can make you own mind up

RobinHoodMOS_468x267.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
According to the Heritage website:

Grade I buildings are of exceptional interest, sometimes considered to be internationally important. Just 2.5% of listed buildings are Grade I.
Grade II* buildings are particularly important buildings of more than special interest. 5.5% of listed buildings are Grade II*.
Grade II buildings are nationally important and of special interest. 92% of all listed buildings are in this class and it is the most likely grade of listing for a home owner.

Listing is an identification stage where buildings are marked and celebrated as having exceptional architectural or historic special interest, before any planning stage which may decide a building's future.

Make of that what you will I spose!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
While we're on the Grade 2 rubbish buildings, surely this is a contender?

brighton_west_pier_after_fire_from_beach_south.jpg

In its current stste, obviously!

Rubbish! There is NO greater sight in Brighton than when the sun is setting and the starlings dart about the West Pier. I used to live up the road from The West Pier and I could happily spend hours sat by the pier with a book.

Not forgetting to mention that it is a valuable example of some exquisite Victorian engineering.

346804920ZYrvqr_ph.jpg

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
865700451_6419b71ee3.jpg

This is Brooke House in Basildon, near where i live. Listed due to it's 60's style architecture

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also listed buildings: the Elephant House and penguin pool at London Zoo :lolol:

PENGUINPOOL1.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here