Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC SCR fans phone-in Sat 05th April

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you not see though, that people will read it as being NEGATIVE, at a time when every about the club and team ought to be positive?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Dean,
I think this is an ill-advised topic to suggest for Harty's phone-in.
Many people have little understanding of company finance and/or how businesses are run - you only have to take a look at some of the NSC threads on 'Leeds', transfer targets, contracts, player salaries, ticket prices etc etc to realise this. Unless you get some callers who know about the detailed financial situations at BHA and the other clubs in order to establish a valid comparisons (if such exists?), I suspect then you'll end up with something like that tedious evening phone-in programme on SKY Sports - ie: ill-informed personal opinion and waffle. Sorry but I just don't see the point?
Regards
N

Yeah god forbid people start asking awkward questions!! :thud:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brett, are you going to LET SLIP about it being your 600th game on Tuesday? Then everyone could use the phone-in to call up and CONGRATULATE you.

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
No boys you are all missing the point here, there is nothing more than I would like to take the first 10 calls or so all from people at the match talking about the game, an emphatic 4-0 win etc, and hopefully that will be the case.
But 10 years of Phone-ins prove that some results, narrow and even boring wins, are not condusive to a busy show, therefore a sub topic is like a safety net, and a policy of all of the BBC regional phone-ins.

Also taking into account that hopefully 7,000 Albion fans will have watched the game live but the SCR Sussex phone-in audience is over 40,000, so you don't totally alienate the people who have not attended the match.

Quiet weeks are part and parcel of the format, he won't mind me saying this but on the occasions Simon Levinson has taken the phone-in the callers numbers have been very low, a sup topic, which Levo will use next time he sits in for me, might alter this.

Always prepared to listen to our beloved audience, Hawesy and I, with TLO's excellent retro shop in mind will now go with the following, " Football in the 1970's is forever being talked about, if you could bring one aspect back from the 'golden era' what would it be?"

A question which will be put to Messrs Morris, Mendoza and Vulture in the pub before the game.

I think you're missing the point, the question from Dean could easily have said:

With Falmer on the horizon, do fans really think this will bring success and stability?
New grounds for Swansea, Hull, MK Dons have left each club vying for promotion within a very short space of time and with vastly increased attendances.
What do you think?

Give Ian Hart a call on the fans phone-in this Saturday 05th April

This Saturday from 5pm
Phone-in number: 08459 570057
Text line: 07786 207070

Dean
Producer

Thta might actually feed on the positivity around the Club at the moment rather than pandering to the moaners.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think you're missing the point, the question from Dean could easily have said:

With Falmer on the horizon, do fans really think this will bring success and stability?
New grounds for Swansea, Hull, MK Dons have left each club vying for promotion within a very short space of time and with vastly increased attendances.
What do you think?

Give Ian Hart a call on the fans phone-in this Saturday 05th April

This Saturday from 5pm
Phone-in number: 08459 570057
Text line: 07786 207070

Dean
Producer

Thta might actually feed on the positivity around the Club at the moment rather than pandering to the moaners.

Absolutely and the answer to the 70's question is easy peasy too. Terraces with standing.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Harty,

I realise that this is your area of expertise and not mine as I have never hosted a phone-in on radio.

I've listened to a few and occasionally particpiated.

The point here is based on your quote:

'and a policy of all regional BBC regional phone-ins'.

well, I'm afraid to say that all regional BBC phone-ins tend to be dull, of little interest and filled the irrelevant ramblings of dull, boring ill-informed little englanders full of the contents of that days copy of THe Daily Mail.

I thought this was a show about our agenda - we set it?? And yet you tell us that our feelings and opinions in advance of this particular show are not actually of that much interest.

Confused

DT

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No boys you are all missing the point here, there is nothing more than I would like to take the first 10 calls or so all from people at the match talking about the game, an emphatic 4-0 win etc, and hopefully that will be the case.
But 10 years of Phone-ins prove that some results, narrow and even boring wins, are not condusive to a busy show, therefore a sub topic is like a safety net, and a policy of all of the BBC regional phone-ins.

Also taking into account that hopefully 7,000 Albion fans will have watched the game live but the SCR Sussex phone-in audience is over 40,000, so you don't totally alienate the people who have not attended the match.

Quiet weeks are part and parcel of the format, he won't mind me saying this but on the occasions Simon Levinson has taken the phone-in the callers numbers have been very low, a sup topic, which Levo will use next time he sits in for me, might alter this.

Always prepared to listen to our beloved audience, Hawesy and I, with TLO's excellent retro shop in mind will now go with the following, " Football in the 1970's is forever being talked about, if you could bring one aspect back from the 'golden era' what would it be?"

A question which will be put to Messrs Morris, Mendoza and Vulture in the pub before the game.

Don't ask them the 70s question :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well, I'm afraid to say that all regional BBC phone-ins tend to be dull, of little interest and filled the irrelevant ramblings of dull, boring ill-informed little englanders full of the contents of that days copy of THe Daily Mail.

I thought this was a show about our agenda - we set it?? And yet you tell us that our feelings and opinions in advance of this particular show are not actually of that much interest.

Confused

DT

Really. Did you listen to the Radio Leeds one last week?

Simple....dont listen!

I would love it if BBC SCR turned around and said...ok f*** it....them albion fans are miserable sods, all they do is f***ing moan about the phone in and when you try to get them to phone in they dont bother.....BUT still moan.

Then we can all go home aftre the game and listen instead to 606 and a bunch of Premiershite feckers whinging that the £75 million they spent on some African drama queen was not money well spent and when sat in the Emirates stadium, there is not enough room to scratch your balls.

You amaze me sometimes

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Apart from Johnny Byrne I just get the impression that they all just like the sound of their own voices. Presenters and callers.

not including the great Jim from Worthing of course.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DTG,

I am pleased that I have amazed you. I have rung in I have listened and I have posted my thoughts on here as the thread was posted by Dean.

If that irks you then suck my plums.

there you go then.

you said EVERY local radio phoine in was shite....DID you listen to the Radio Leeds one?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:bigwave:
Really. Did you listen to the Radio Leeds one last week?

oops!

But seriously, I would rather the phone-in stays, so if you have something to say, ring up and discuss it, don't slag Hawsey, Harty or anyone for doing it, if it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be one. When the phone-in is good no-one complains (well, of course some do) when it's bad, don't sit there moping and grumbling, ring em up, they don't bite, tell them what you think, but try to avoid calling anyone scum!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like where is the football ground you've promised to deliver?

Were you like this as a child ?

Arthur: "Dad, where's my new bike ? You promised it months ago, yet whenever I go to the shed, what do I find there ? A rake, spade, an old broken bucket and some slug pellets."

Dad: "Now Arthur you know you've only just learnt to ride a bike, and you know we've promised you'll have your new bike for Christmas. Its only April."

Arthur: "But I want it NOW, I want it NOW, I want it NOW NOW NOW. You PROMISED me that new bike and now you're LYING. You MUST be lying otherwise my new bike would be there in the shed NOW wouldn't it but its not so you're LYING".

Dad: "Arthur ?"

Arthur: "WHAT ?"

Dad: "f*** off".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here