Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC local radio coverage

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Tried to listen to game on BBC Radio Sussex/Cambridgeshire - why do these stations not broadcast the same games online as they do on FM (ie the Brighton match) ?

:rant:

Sep 1, 2010
The BBC only have the License to broadcast on digital radio mate, not online, that is in the possession of Seagulls Player

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
so there aren't any other sites that broadcast the albion game? I am in Bangkok at the moment and am desperate for the commentary, its getting depressing how many games I have missed in the last few months.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so there aren't any other sites that broadcast the albion game? I am in Bangkok at the moment and am desperate for the commentary, its getting depressing how many games I have missed in the last few months.

Occasionally you might get lucky with the local station of our opposition covering it, but generally not.

Why don't people just subscribe to Seagulls Player? It costs peanuts and give you loads. Has to be essential for all exiles, surely?

Sep 1, 2010
Occasionally you might get lucky with the local station of our opposition covering it, but generally not.

Why don't people just subscribe to Seagulls Player? It costs peanuts and give you loads. Has to be essential for all exiles, surely?

Quite simply, This!

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells

Well I did subscribe last season, and went to 3 Seagulls games in August as a farewell for the season, but since I have been away from September and am backpacking until June, subscribing to Seagulls player isn't really a great option for me this season since I am rarely in a location with Internet, and if I am lucky enough to have that, then its unlikely I am able to find a cafe with Internet available all night given that I am currently in a GMT+7 timezone. So now that I have the Internet all night in Bangkok I was hoping to be able to find a site that does have the game but it seems I am out of luck :(

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
You can subscribe for one month, even if it's only for one game it's still cheaper than buying a ticket would be anyway. Just remember to cancel after the match is over. I believe you can get the highlights for when you get near to an internet connection if that floats your boat too.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
Thanks for the info Dominoid, but to be honest, I never know where I will be for the next game or whether I will have internet available to me so I don't know whether its worth getting the player for one game. Maybe I should stop feeling sorry for myself and just make do with the text updates :) Its just typical that I go away for the season and then we finally start winning haha.

Yeah I normally manage to find the highlights somewhere online. I tried going onto Sussex radio earlier, but the Internet cafe closed down all my internet windows saying that I am searching for 'sex' :D

I think text updates are the best I am gonna get

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here