Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Football Website Again

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It's really crap now. The league tables are awful, putting goal difference figures in between games played and points total, when IMO it should be at the end of the columns.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I find it horrible to navigate around. Really don't like it at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely ruined a perfectly good site.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And there was me thinking it was just me hating it !!!!

A six year old could have designed a better layout. Very noticeable they've only changed the sports pages and not the news ones - I wonder why ???

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They don't seem to understand that a football fan is interested in all the leagues. When I wonder to myself "was there any footie last night" or "is there any football on tonight" I don't want to be clicking a drop-down menu for each league.

Exactly what I was saying, above.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry, but if you can't find the fixtures or the tables I can assure you the problem is with you NOT the site. There is no doubt that, if anything, finding these things is easier now than it was on the old site.

The site is MUCH better now with some nice new features thrown in too. Sure there are problems, but it's a new launch and they'll get ironed out.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't want to have to FIND things. I want the site to lead me by the hand to them. At the moment, unless you're in the Premiership, it's really difficult. I must have been on at least 20 times since it changed, waiting for the penny to drop about how to use it better and it still hasn't.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
My biggest gripe is that when you go to view a team/divisions's results, it no longer lists the scorers, cards, attendance etc of each match, as it had done for YEARS. It was so simple to scroll down and see that X player had scored X amount of goals in his last X matches. Now you have to go through each... indvidual... match report... which becomes an absolute nightmare.

BBC Sport - Football - Brighton Hove Albion Results

Desperately hoping that's one of the issues they're looking to iron out.

Last edited:

Sorry, but if you can't find the fixtures or the tables I can assure you the problem is with you NOT the site.

The sheer number of people on here that are suggesting that they have problems clearly show that this is not true. I'm not saying we're a representative demographic, but clearly a number of people are having issues, and that suggests it's much more likely to be a design issue that a user issue, especially as we're over 3 weeks into the new site.

I suspect (although this is based on nothing more than a gut feeling) that it may well be (on average) the younger users that find the new site better and the older users that don't. Ironically enough I'd probably be considered to be a 'younger' user (at 27) but I strongly dislike the new site. They've crammed lots of colour and interactivity into it but I don't use any other website that throws stuff together in such a haphazard way.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I like it now that I have got used to it. Much like when my girlfriend gets a new haircut I am a bit iffy at first but once I get used to it and really she is still the same sexy beast she was the day before it is fine

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I like it now that I have got used to it. Much like when my girlfriend gets a new haircut I am a bit iffy at first but once I get used to it and really she is still the same sexy beast she was the day before it is fine

But can you find out where she's playing tonight?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i am a sportinglife.com fan - the bbc site is too heavy and clunky - sporting life rocks it.....live tables, vidiprinter, super quick updates, matchday live, betting tips, etc etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, but if you can't find the fixtures or the tables I can assure you the problem is with you NOT the site. There is no doubt that, if anything, finding these things is easier now than it was on the old site.

The site is MUCH better now with some nice new features thrown in too. Sure there are problems, but it's a new launch and they'll get ironed out.

We know who you work for now.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You're doing something wrong. It's on the right of the page, in fact the football results are actually on the main sport page now which I don't believe they were before.

I think you are wrong and the OP is right - you now have to know which league games were played in and then update that specific competition. If I want to know who is playing tonight I now have to go through every league to find out - the drop down menu used to pre-select only those where games were being played but no longer does so.

It is way way more clumsy and less helpful than it was and I regularly tweet them on football, cricket and rugby hashtags to that effect - strangely they never publish the criticism.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sure there are problems, but it's a new launch and they'll get ironed out.

that's EXACTLY the problem - they should have been ironed out BEFORE the site was launched

pushing incomplete tat on customers is something that only computer programmers and marketing no accounts could find acceptable.
I used to work in catering but I never threw the ingredients onto a plate and told the punter I would get round to cooking them later

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here