Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Coverage or ITV?

What coverage do you prefer?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Got to vote BBC due to the non adverts and that they f*** it up far less than ITV.

From a panel point of view, Chiles today was good and they were relaxed and having a laugh. Tonight the BBC still looks stiff , geeky and the old boys network.

Throw Sky in the mix and they would piss this poll all day long

BBC by a long way, but the BBC don't have to deal with adverts (with often regional differences) that ITV do. That's very complicated to sort out. Going to (or no going to a break) in a live transmission is something the BBC don't have to handle.

However, from a technical point of view it's worth pointing out (again) that neither channel ( or 4 or 5 ) handle their own transmission, it's all outsourced these days.

Very few channels handle it themselves, you can count them on one hand.

I can only think of Sky, Discovery Networks and Turner (CNN, Cartoon Network, TNT Movies)

All most channels do is make sure the videos have been delivered and the live feeds are running into the company that actually play them out. Even the companies that play them often pass it onto another who send it up to the satellite. The satellite link may often be picked up another who distribute it via cable.

Also computer systems handling very complex data at a very high speed (i.e. video) sometimes fall over. In the old days a tape whacked in another machine could solve a problem, but these days that isn't possible.

My point being is that alot of the "f*ck ups" have nothing to do with the channel are 100% out of their control. The missed FA cup goal being a prime example. Absolutely nothing ITV could have done about it, and 100% not their fault.

Last edited:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I think BBC are better but i think John Motson should be doing it because most world cups i've watched hes commontated on and he does a bloody great job and knows what he is on about !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Beeb. ITV terrible. And I hope Sky never touch the World Cup. f*** em

I'm pretty sure that the World Cup is one of those events (like the Olympics, Wimbledon etc...) that HAS to be on free to air television, so Sky can't touch it as things stand.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
thenational.ae/apps

but having Gus' punditry in the late game couldn't make amends for the intermittent coverage in the first half of the SA game. Absolute shower! They spend megabucks on a slick Qatar 2022 campaign but can't do the basics like guarantee decent game coverage.

You take the Beeb and ITV for granted.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
This really is a no brainer

BBC by a country mile.

Better pundits, no adverts and better commentators (although Motty should really be put out of his misery)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Putting aside that BBC are superior in every way to ITV, for me it comes down to the simple fact BBC's picture quality on freeview is superb compared to the pixelated MESS that ITV serves up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here