Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] BBC comedy - This Country

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Outstandingly brilliant episode [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Every great British TV show cements its place in history with an episode set in one place with just two characters - Porridge, Bottom, I'm sure Only Fools and Horses did it and those who know Steptoe and Hancock more than I can surely attest, (even Breaking Bad did it) and last night This Country did it too, pretty much.

There's an episode of "Romesh Talks to Comedians in Cafés" with these two where she talks about auditioning to be a stripper in Soho, I think. It is one of the the finest anecdotes I've ever heard. You're welcome...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BritishTV/comments/9w2w3d/the_strip_club_audition_story/

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gutted that they’re not continuing this show. I could spend a lot of time with these characters. Favourite new comedy for a number of years.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant series... the best mocumentary series I’ve ever seen... funny and at times very poignant offering

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Small bounce - Paul and Daisy Cooper (father/daughter and play Martin and Kerry Mucklowe) are on Celebrity Gogglebox tonight...........so Kerry will be watching herself watching herself (if you know, you know :D )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here