Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bbc albion coverage 2012-2013 season

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well I live in Crawley and actually get BBC London.....

So no Albion or Crawley for that matter....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think this will affect me, living in Burgess Hill.

Granted, I don't exactly stay in for the highlights, but it sometimes takes days for the online footage to come up, and I frequently miss the Football League Show due to work.

I seem to recall from the recent survey of season ticket holders that Burgess Hill had the highest number of Albion ST holders of any town outside the BN postcode area, followed closely by Haywards Heath.

I guess there's always Meridian (when they remember we exist) but it's still a shitty decision by a Mickey Mouse outfit, albeit one that sums up their feelings towards the people of Sussex. I can't help the fact that I have the coverage from their crappy transmitter. I'd quite happily go to the South East region, but I don't have that choice, other than to move twenty miles further east.

It's the PRINCIPLE, dammit.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
IMHO this is bad.

The club loses a large part of exposure to almost half it's catchment area. If you watch BBC newes in West Sussex the club now does not exist and you will be fed football from Hants, Dorset and Berkshire.

Not good in the long term.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
IMHO this is bad.

The club loses a large part of exposure to almost half it's catchment area. If you watch BBC newes in West Sussex the club now does not exist and you will be fed football from Hants, Dorset and Berkshire.

Not good in the long term.

Agreed. It will have an effect on the amount of exposure the club gets west of Brighton. It is utterly absurd that someone living in Worthing will get updates on Bournemouth and Reading but not Brighton.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Watching Sally Taylor on South Today she bangs on about Reading all the time. Living in East Hampshire there is little Albion coverage but you always get a snippet of the games.

Strange we get South Today and London, I think a previous comment is right with the higlights being on the Monday night news we have normally seen the goals / highlights elsewhere.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I bet all 3 Portsmouth fans living in Haywards Heath and Crawley must be THRILLED that they no longer have to endure the highlights of Brighton & Hove Albion matches.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would anyone living in West Sussex want to waste any of their life watching news about Aldershot on their "local" news channel?

And which goon came up with "West of the Adur" as a boundary choice? The Adur is NOT the River Severn! I could probably JUMP over the Adur in places, it's a glorified stream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here