Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC 1 Tonight @ 9pm - WICKERD nature programme

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Very disappointing. The animals were bit part players in a film that was all about 'personalities'. Six pack man with squeaky voice, eye candy with immaculate and excessive make-up, mad insect lover. Dumbed down narrative struggling to be heard over music/drums. And film cameraman taking film of film cameraman filming animals.

I really lost it at the fourth over-excited uttering of "Wow - that's amazing!!!"

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, what a let down eh? I turned over to Jamie Oliver after about 20 minutes.

Oct 25, 2003
i reckon it'll get better as it goes on, as a fair chunk of the hour was taken up with them telling you what they're gonna do/why they're doing it etc

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
i reckon it'll get better as it goes on, as a fair chunk of the hour was taken up with them telling you what they're gonna do/why they're doing it etc

I wish I could share your optimism - it's only 3 episodes isn't it? I've seen this type of natural history series before in recent times and generally the obsession with personalities and making it some sort of 'adventure' doesn't get any less irritating. Attenborough it ain't.

Oct 25, 2003
i'm really WORRIED about how we're going to replace attenborough

what the fucks gonna happen to our nature programmes?! no-one can even come close to sir david

am i just going to have to watch planet earth over and over again forEVER?! am i?! is that what they want me to do?!

It did have the wrong bias, it could be a stunning nature prog, however, on that theme there could have been more indepth research on the hotties, with their lythe sweaty bodies.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I only fancied that birdwoman in it and grew envious of the sweaty jock and his natural charms that are bound to win her over and perhaps have them caught humping outside the cuscus' abode on one of those motion sensors he erotically planted.

The rest of the programme was undramatic as it tried so hard to be the opposite. It's almost as if they didn't actually find anything that interesting to show, hoping for more than a snake that looks a bit like a very, very, very dangerous one but isn't in the slightest. I learnt virtually nothing, other than to never trust Chappers' recommendations again (apart from those bestial man-and-his-goose websites he sent me).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I only fancied that birdwoman in it and grew envious of the sweaty jock and his natural charms that are bound to win her over and perhaps have them caught humping outside the cuscus' abode on one of those motion sensors he erotically planted.

The rest of the programme was undramatic as it tried so hard to be the opposite. It's almost as if they didn't actually find anything that interesting to show, hoping for more than a snake that looks a bit like a very, very, very dangerous one but isn't in the slightest. I learnt virtually nothing, other than to never trust Chappers' recommendations again (apart from those bestial man-and-his-goose websites he sent me).

MB, I'm so glad you are back to posting regularly - NSC has been a much poorer place without your contributions :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I enjoyed it. Although to be honest looking back the best bits were unintentionally funny bits, like the cameraman waiting ages to see a pygmi parot and then finding our his mate had one in a sack at camp - and then letting it go.

I liked the Scottish bloke but none of the other presenters, although there was something quite charming about the bumbling bloke in charge who loved insects.

I guess that is the problem with having EXPERTS who fancy themselves as PRESENTERS.

Also, I think its main failing was that there don't seem to be many cracking animals in that jungle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here