Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

battle of the Murrays

Muzza vs Muzza

• GLENN

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • ANDY

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • what , no Bill? Braders sort yourself out!!!

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Get over it !

England is full of English, Scots and Irish (and a few Welsh) and Scotland is full of English !

I am Scottish and have been here for 30 + years, (the most informed part of my life. )

People have that jaundiced view that the Scots hate the English and that they, for example, wish the opposition to beat England in say a World Cup or European Championship match. Well that is complete bollocks, I can assure you that after that 30 years, I get just as screwed up as the next person if England lose.

Tell you something else, I don't go in for this business of hating Chelsea, or Man U or Liverpool - if they are playing continental opposition I am cheering them on unlike many down here.

Grow up !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
andy because tennis is the dullest f***ing sport ever apart from horseracing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is only one Murray I will throwing my moped at, and that is Glenn. I don't mind Andy. At least he supports Hibs, and is a quality tennis player.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
oh f*** now I'm conflicted........ok tennis is as dull as snooker but both are far less dull than horseracing. No wait tennis is more dull than snooker because of tedious Brit-mania.

Formula 1 has to be the dullest, closely followed by all forms of egg chasing. Tennis is right up there though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Formula 1 has to be the dullest, closely followed by all forms of egg chasing. Tennis is right up there though.
You forget Nascar - Rednecks steering left for two hours.

Considerably less interesting than anything F1 has to offer, and I'm no fan of F1.

Get over it !

England is full of English, Scots and Irish (and a few Welsh) and Scotland is full of English !

I am Scottish and have been here for 30 + years, (the most informed part of my life. )

People have that jaundiced view that the Scots hate the English and that they, for example, wish the opposition to beat England in say a World Cup or European Championship match. Well that is complete bollocks, I can assure you that after that 30 years, I get just as screwed up as the next person if England lose.

Tell you something else, I don't go in for this business of hating Chelsea, or Man U or Liverpool - if they are playing continental opposition I am cheering them on unlike many down here.

Grow up !

Well, there is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek for Sweaty-baiting. But you're right mostly, when it comes to Jockland being alright with the English. I always got treated very well up there when I visited, excellent hospitality indeed.

'Number of times I've seen Scots cheering for the opposition though.
Better tell those clan-like lot the same thing!

There's some like you wqray, but lots who aren't too. It's the latter that tend to get attention from xenophobes back.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
sheep burner?

Yes sheep burner

My earliest memories of France are of my dad getting really stressed because after a very long drive, I reckon about eight hours, he couldn’t find the camp site he had booked somewhere on the south-west coast of France. And French farmers burning live sheep in protest at cheap British prices. I’ve never forgotten seeing the images of panicked British sheep being burned alive, a sort of premature barbecue. Some British truck drivers were badly beaten as well.

So when I was thinking of a name for my, I’m English living in France blog , I thought of France and of the first thing that came to mind. Burning sheep.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
bowls is arguably the most boring sport. at least with motor racing a crash could be exciting.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Whilst I agree that some of these sports can be basically boring, it has to be said that a very very good tennis match between the best both playing well may well be a better spectacle and more exciting than a dull game of football. Football is a spectator sport but again a really good game of rugby union when the teams are running and passing the ball about can be quite compelling. An excellent football game does take some beating though.

Personally can't be bothered with F1 but each to his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here