• Lager

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Don't make me choose!

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nice lager or guiness. or erdinger. i think im just a bit scared of ale really, im happy to quaff the continental non-lager beers. (lager is always clear if you didnt know)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Speaking of Magners - just shows what a bit of marketing and everyone jumping on the bandwagon can do for a brand - it's absolute shit, why people buy it I don't know - my mate said last week he thought it was a cool brand......ffs, and he's 35 ! I couldn't believe how crap that sounded, but I suppose he was being honest.

I suppose it's similar to people who buy Becks or Bud in half pint bottles for £2+ a time - more money than sence. If I ordered a pint of lager and the barman said that would be £4.50 I'd deck the bastard, but thats effectively what people are doing buying a couple of bottles instead of pints.

Rant over.
and like many I like lager mainly in the summer, and HSB, Harveys, or Fortyniner in the winter.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If I ordered a pint of lager and the barman said that would be £4.50 I'd deck the bastard

Please come along next time my employer decides that SamSara is a good place for a company night out, where the pints cost the equivalent of £4.70, I'd like to see the smarmy arsed barmen get whacked one.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Its allegedly better on draft, but I'd still stay WELL CLEAR.

it tastes far better on draft.

cider everyday for me, with scrumpy jack, westons organic or old rosie, kopparberg and bulmers being the main ones. out of the two, i would go with lager in the summer in the beer garden, and ale in the winter huddled around the fire

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
it tastes far better on draft.

cider everyday for me, with scrumpy jack, westons organic or old rosie, kopparberg and bulmers being the main ones. out of the two, i would go with lager in the summer in the beer garden, and ale in the winter huddled around the fire

It still tastes like rotten Cidona to me.

Wait, that would be because it is....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ale still winning, great news.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Cider. But not Magners. Anything but f***ing Magners.

Aspell Premier Cru, Weston's Organic, Henney's. Hell, I'd even take a Blackthorn over that bloody Magners pisswater.

I just had a couple of pints of Weston's Stowford Press in a pub over the back of Almondsbury. That was a tasty pint.

Magners is revolting, overpriced shite that has somehow fooled a load of suckers into shelling out stupid sums of money for what, to me, anounts to a poor Blackthorn.

In answer to the poll, lager all the way. Draught Cobra ideally otherwise Kronenbourg, Grolsh, San Miguel or the like. Stella as a last resort but absolutely not Fosters, Carlsberg, Carling etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here