Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battle of the Bands - Nirvana vs Foo Fighters

Nirvana or Foo Fighters

• Nirvana - He'd dead but he was dead good!

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Foo Fighters - Not the Poo Fighters!

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Not sure - I'm incapable of making my own decision

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking about this on the way to work while Moyles played 'Learn to Fly' by the Foo Fighters and thinking that it was rather good. I then thought about how many Nirvana songs I really liked ansd realised that I don't actually like them at all whereas the Foo Fighters have written some excellent stuff to date. 'Big Me', 'For all the cows', 'Everlong' and 'Breakout' are all classics.

Who do YOU think is the better band??

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I think the Foo Fighters are the better band, but I dislike both, and I don't understand why :(

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nirvana but its close

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Nirvana everytime!! The unplugged session on MTV was legendary!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
They are both top notch, but would say that I listen to the Foo Fighters more often than I do Nirvana.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
virgirlo said:
Am a huge Foos fan and have seen them three times, Dave is a god!!!

Watch out Dave i feel Stalk coming on:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nirvana

Was watching one of there vids on VH1 last night, which sparked off a debate with my son.

Would Nirvana still be up there now if Curt hadn't blown his brains out...or would they have spilt and gone their different ways?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Buzza said:
Nirvana

Was watching one of there vids on VH1 last night, which sparked off a debate with my son.

Would Nirvana still be up there now if Curt hadn't blown his brains out...or would they have spilt and gone their different ways?
split

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Buzza said:
Nirvana

They would have definitely split

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nirvana. Foo Fighters seem more of a fun band. Like both though!

Meade's_Ball said:
Nirvana, obviously.
Foo Fighters are great fun rock'n'roll, but let's not pretend they carry any of the weight of Nirvana.

What weight is that then? Nirvana are eally only so deified because Cobain killed himself. Fantastic career move for the rest of the band.

They weren't bad by any means but they weren't and still aren't deserving all the plaudits that they received after KC died. They were on the verge of going tits up, their material had already become stale and if he'd stayed alive they would barely ever be mentioned these days.

Yes, Foo Fighters aren't much more than a fun rock band but they have consistantly turned out some fantastic tracks without relying on media hype to sell any records. Dave Grohl is a fantastic musician who is deserving of the praise that his band gets.

steventhesquirrel

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
I thought Nirvana were shite apart from Come As You Are & Smells Like Teen Spirit. Both are quality songs. Kurt Cobain was a prick and people only worship him because he is a rock star who is dead, the same would happen to the lead singer of Keane or something now. FOO FIGHTERS ALL THE WAY!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here