Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Battipiedi / Murray / general

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bit thread bare gave him his chance. Showed few nice touches but generally didn't take his chance IMO .

Why was Murray not starting ? Very strange, Any one think there is more to this ?

2 points dropped, 2nd half I thought was ok but the first half was shit.

Southampton is a massive game, need to get through the wobble. Ankergen has to be dropped surely based on his performance at Hartlepool and today.

New fella I thought did alright but majorly ran out of steam

Lack of width first half particularly down the left was plain to see. Lets hope we get this signing quick fast.

Beat Saints and all is good again. We need to prove our credentials now and get through this. Good game to bounce back on really with the big following etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Batti was shocking again today. Smoth was the right replacement as we needed width. In the first half only Benno was wide - it simply didn't work. We need this left winger

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Groin again and with Bridders suspended Gus unfortunately chose the fairly like Batti to play.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I didn't think Battipiedi was that bad. When he kept things simple, he looked ok but gave it away a few times when trying to play difficult long balls.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Batti was shocking again today. Smoth was the right replacement as we needed width. In the first half only Benno was wide - it simply didn't work. We need this left winger

Couldnt disagree more as Battipedi was very comfortable on the ball and very compact eith his tackling and passing, Smith was an obvious substitution to give us more width but did nothing when he came on. Perhaps he wasnt told to go wide and to run himself into the middle and into the masses of players. I agree we need a winger who can attack and go past the full back and then geta cross in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Couldnt disagree more as Battipedi was very comfortable on the ball and very compact eith his tackling and passing, Smith was an obvious substitution to give us more width but did nothing when he came on. Perhaps he wasnt told to go wide and to run himself into the middle and into the masses of players. I agree we need a winger who can attack and go past the full back and then geta cross in.

Must of seen a different game as apart from few touches he was weak

Agree about a player who casn beat someone, this is what we lacked big time today

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I didn't think Battipiedi was that bad. When he kept things simple, he looked ok but gave it away a few times when trying to play difficult long balls.

Not bad as such ...just devoid of pace ....if he had Dickers awareness he woudl get away with it ....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

There's 2 problems with Batti: 1) he cannot attack and 2) he cannot defend

He was marking air and gave it away way too many times. I agree Malc he can do a 5 yard pass ok - so can you and I. He offers no attacking threat or killer ball and no defensive brain. He is also lightweight and a fairy. It's not often i slag our players off on here but it's deserved after Tues / today IMO

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Apart from the first 10 minutes when he was off the pace, Batti had a great game and was at the heart of a lot of what we did good. I was very surprised when he went off. As for Jamie Smith, to say he "did nothing" when he teed up three clear cut chances on a plate for the strikers is beyond me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apart from the first 10 minutes when he was off the pace, Batti had a great game and was at the heart of a lot of what we did good. I was very surprised when he went off. As for Jamie Smith, to say he "did nothing" when he teed up three clear cut chances on a plate for the strikers is beyond me.

It's a game of opinions granted but pls tell me one move where we created a good chance that he was involved with?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was not up to the standard he has set himself recently but then he has been probably our best player.

As I said on other thread I honestly thought he was outstanding today but that's football! He made 10 turns that gained him 4 yards of space...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As I said on other thread I honestly thought he was outstanding today but that's football! He made 10 turns that gained him 4 yards of space...

Yeah he did do some cracking turns. Perhaps I didn't pay enough attention to him and am judging by his performance at Peterbourough which was the best I've seen from a midfielder for years

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
There's 2 problems with Batti: 1) he cannot attack and 2) he cannot defend

He was marking air and gave it away way too many times. I agree Malc he can do a 5 yard pass ok - so can you and I. He offers no attacking threat or killer ball and no defensive brain. He is also lightweight and a fairy. It's not often i slag our players off on here but it's deserved after Tues / today IMO

This

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Yep, those little inside and outside cut turns that just open up a wealth of further ball playing opportunities again and again for him are pure class. Players at this level with that much time and composure on the ball are always a pure joy to watch.

I wouldn't say he was outstanding today, not at least compared to how he can play, but he certainly didn't have a poor game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here