Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Batten down the hatches - "Big Beast" on it's way to UK

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
:eek:

Don't forget your brolly It's A Beast Of A Storm
Updated: 06:10, Tuesday February 14, 2006

Britain is set to be battered by strong winds and torrential rain tonight, forecasters have claimed.

The wild weather, including gusts of up to 55mph, is reportedly linked to recent poor conditions in the US.

A storm has already buried New York under a record snowfall, causing power cuts and thousands of flight cancellations.

The weather is set to hit the UK this evening.

A Met office spokesman said: "It's a big beast".

"The weather system causing all the trouble in New York will weaken and be swallowed up into a much bigger storm that is heading very fast across the Atlantic."

The storm is expected to last for about two days.

The Environment Agency said the expected rains would not prevent a feared drought in southern England this Summer.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
GUNTER said:

The storm is expected to last for about two days.

The Environment Agency said the expected rains would not prevent a feared drought in southern England this Summer.

Well theres a surprise :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wasn't this report from the same paper that in November said " this winter will be the most severe for 300 years with sub zero temperatures for weeks on end with a constant Siberian wind and frequent heavy snow, stock up on tinned foods and keep an eye on your elderly neighbour "

And then in January reported " the severe winter in Russia is coming this way with temperatures as low as - 40 c ".

:rolleyes:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I've just examined the forecast frpm 2 different sources.

One says it will rain a bit, and have winds up to 17mph over the next 2 days.

The other says similar but explains winds may go up to a staggering 23mph.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's pray that the rain washes away Falmer village and destroys that 'beautiful scenery' where the stadium WILL be built.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have just checked the forecast for my area, max ave wind speed of 28.3 mph for 0300 tomorrow, other than that it looks pretty quiet. Either this is a rubbish forecast or the sites that we are all checking are behind the met office in their forecasting.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Batten down the hatches - "Big Beast" on it's way to UK

Rangdo said:
Well theres a surprise :lolol:
Yeah, it's going to be the 'wrong type of rain' apparently.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its the Daily ( coldest winter for 300 years ) Express

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
nope , as the title suggests I'm off home to batten down the hatches , board up the windows + get some supplies from the shops. . . when has nsc / weather ever been wrong.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't shout too loud Dougal, otherwise people will start to panic buy, just like they did when there were problems with the fuel last year.

...right, I am off to Sainsburys to stock up on food and fill the car with fuel...

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
It's going to be QUITE windy:

Rtavn541.png

FACT.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had a lovely 90 minute walk to work this morning. I'll do the same in the morrow, hopefully keeping an eye or two on squashed squirrels and wounded doves held by angry, unforgiving uncles.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Meade's_Ball said:
, hopefully keeping an eye or two on squashed squirrels and wounded doves held by angry, unforgiving uncles.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When I saw Gunter had posted this I thoght it would be another penis thread. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here