Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bates Letter to Football League

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
BORING!

all my anger is on LDC & FPC...thats MUCH more important than minus 15pts for a team I dont give a shit about!

just my opinion like...

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Judgement day.

I have just been reading Mawhinney's report that he will be presenting at the meeting, it's pretty interesting and not just for Leeds. I don't know how to C&P from a pdf file, but I think the Yorkshire Evening Post is going to put it up online.

They really wanted to boot us into League Two rather than the points deduction.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
No, because they cannot prove any of the 'financial irregularities'.

Will be interesting, I certainly do not think it's going to be a 71-0 uphold vote.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Will be interesting, I certainly do not think it's going to be a 71-0 uphold vote.

I suppose it will come down to whether the clubs will vote to uphold the deduction on a legal basis or a moral one.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I think it will be reduced to between -6/-10.

I suppose it depends how many of these other clubs owe money to the HMRC and who might find themselves in a similar position in the future.

The Football League are in no position to investigate the alleged financial irregularities. That's surely a job for the police? If the allegations are true, the conspirators should go to jail for a very long time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
.....and still the tax man sits waiting for his money?

No matter what today's conclusion (and my betting would be on a reduced deduction - possibly to 10 points) the next installment in the saga has still to come

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What time is the meeting ? Any idea what time we can expext an announcement ?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
10.30am and no idea on the time.

The presentation from Mawhinney is fairly lengthy and Leeds also have a case to give that is not that short.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
20 minutes in - Mawhinney should be just getting into his rhythm. Wonder how long before Bates loses his cool?:lolol:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
One of the great wrongs in this world is Rick Stein, but Ken Bates is truely a bad one. He is a horrible man. I hope he suffers today.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, Alan Thomson has arrived at Leeds from Celtic today on a free transfer, and has been installed as club captain. He certainly won;t be playing for BUTTONS now, will he. Add that to the signings of Ankergren, Constantine and Weston so far, and its turning into a BUSY old summer in the transfer market for them eh ?

f*** Leeds. f*** the lot of em and the horse they road in on. They play by different rules to everyone else. I hope that appeal FAILS by 71-1 and as a result the deduction is increased to 25 or 30 points for wasting everyones time. Lets make it this season a total write-off for them from the very start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here