Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Basic mistakes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do the soaps with all their expertise and advisors make basic mistakes.

In last nights Corrie, wifes just watched it on sky + , at Blanches funeral they all got in the car when everybody knows that it is usual for the undertaker to walk to the end of the street with his hat in his hand at the front of the hearse and then get into it.

I have seen many things in The Queen Vic cellar in Estenders that couldnt work, like the gauges showing empty and the beer coming out of the pumps in the bar. I am sure there are many others that people notice from their own job or profession. Didnt somebody mention carpets or was it wallpaper hung with the pattern the wrong way so basic.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Undertaker was Roy Hudd. He's probably not as fit as Harty. :shrug:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember years ago watching neighbours...which must have been a hell of a long time ago, I have never been a student before you ask...anyway, there was someone working in the bar who was fired from his job, in the next scene he was at home wearing his boardies and a t-shirt...following scene he is back in his work clothes again!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Erm, i didn't know that. Are you sure that happens at every funeral cos they did'nt do that for my neighbour when he died.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Why do the soaps with all their expertise and advisors make basic mistakes.

In last nights Corrie, wifes just watched it on sky + , at Blanches funeral they all got in the car when everybody knows that it is usual for the undertaker to walk to the end of the street with his hat in his hand at the front of the hearse and then get into it.

I have seen many things in The Queen Vic cellar in Estenders that couldnt work, like the gauges showing empty and the beer coming out of the pumps in the bar. I am sure there are many others that people notice from their own job or profession. Didnt somebody mention carpets or was it wallpaper hung with the pattern the wrong way so basic.

Roy Hudd is not an undertaker....
Ian Hart is not a comed....

actually he is isn`t he.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The array indexing in basic is a minefield, fortunately I program with a proper language, none of that M$ shite.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The only funerals that I don't walk in front of the hearse as a mark of respect are those of children under 16 years of age, unless otherwise requested not to, which has only happend at one adult funeral in 23 years.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You do know these are TV Shows and not real life?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In Corrie the toilets of the Rover return would be in next door's house! -

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here