Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Go Brewers. (Though I don't expect them to go very far.) 63 wins would at least avoid the dreaded three figures.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
OK, OK, I can't resist the bait put out by my friend in the post above.

May I just point out one other possible contender in the NL ?
A team who have added Mike Leake and a returning Adam Wainwright to the rotation,
A team with seven post season appearances, four National League pennants and two World Series wins this century.
A team with eleven world titles since the Cubs managed their last?

I accept that the Cubs look good this year, and go into this season with renewed hope and expectation (where have we heard that before?)
I also know that pre-season friendlies (here) and spring training (there) are no reliable guide to the season to come but Cubs fans can't be too excited by an 8-17 .320 record can they?
And it is possible that the bookies having them at 15/2 favourites to win their first World Series since 1908 might be right.
I wouldn't bet on it though.

My Divisional winners are:
AL East Yankees
AL Central Royals
AL West Astros

NL East Mets
NL Central Cardinals
NL West Giants

For some reason that reminds me of some the palace trolls posts that appear when anyone talks about the Albion making it to the premier ......
I like to think that we'll flirt with the post season before imploding in glorious fashion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't wait for the new season to begin, what's everyone expecting/hoping from there teams this year?!

The Twins had a surprisingly good season last year, chasing a wildcard spot right up to the final few games and finishing on .512 with 83 wins. They're not going to top the Royals in the ALC, but I'm optimistic of them topping their 83 wins and pushing for a wildcard again. Eddie Rosario had a great rookie year, Byron Buxton is looking promising. If Sano can live up to the hype then they should be a fun team to watch again this year. Roll on Monday.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
The most powerful lineup in the game is back intact and ready for another crack at the WS.

Let's go Jays. :drink::wave: :batflip:

May 14, 2015
My predictions for the season
1. AL EAST - Blue Jays, Unfortunately, i don't think the Yankees have the starting rotation to win the AL East this year and the Blue Jays offence is ridiculous- May miss Price though. Red Sox look average even with Price.

2. AL CENTRAL- Royals- need i say more, World Series champions and will once again look very impressive this year. Tigers to finish 2nd and push the Royals all the way. Cant see the hype with the Twins, reckon an average year for them below .500

3.AL WEST- Angels- I was very impressed with them last year, thought they did enough to make the wildcard and were comfortably over .500. Rangers to come close second.

WILD CARD- Yankees(have enough wins if Eovaldi, Severino, Tanaka stay healthy. Also have more rotation with Castro and expect Mateo to get a share of AT BATS), Tigers( Expect big things from the Tigers this year, really think they'll have a bounce back, last year i was quite impressed with how they played, just tailed off a bit).

1.NL EAST-Washington Nationals- Bryce Harper to perform this season, Zimmerman and Revere to provide crucial offense. Production out of Rendon. Overall a nice roster. Absolutely love the pitching staff the Nats have. Fancy a brilliant year for them.

NL CENTRAL- Cardinals, just edging out the Cubs this year fro me, Cardinals always look impressive (although Cubs have a fantastic opportunity to win the World Series this year) Fancy this division to be a close one!

NL WEST-Dodgers- Looked formidable last year, losing Greinke hinders them a lot and the Giants will push them, cant see past their squad though. Kershaw 20 wins, Gonzalez to crush etc.n Diamondbacks still dont have enough in my eyes even after gaining Greinke.

Wild Card- Cubs( very good, may even win their division), Giants( Looking like they could challenge the Dodgers)

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
1.NL EAST-Washington Nationals- Bryce Harper to perform this season, Zimmerman and Revere to provide crucial offense. Production out of Rendon. Overall a nice roster. Absolutely love the pitching staff the Nats have. Fancy a brilliant year for them.

Wot, no Mets, even in wild card? Hard to think that with their pitching they won't be there or thereabouts.

May 14, 2015
Not for me i'm afraid, very nice looking rotation but cant look past the Nats for this one, Wild card they are strong contenders, if im honest I thought they were quite lucky to progress to the World Series how they did last year, and are living off that success going into this season.

(Also i'm a Yankees fan so maybe i'm just bitter)

May 14, 2015
Interesting that the Red Sox have gone for Travis Shaw over the Panda, for me there's enough production out of Sandoval to warrant a place in the starting line-up, despite being shaky last year

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Hard to pick a winner between the Mets and nationals, pains me to say but I do think mets may just clinch the division. Nationals will probably get a wild card spot and maybe this time do something in the post season, although as a Phillies fan it's quite fun watching them implode when it comes to crunch time!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Forty minutes to go until 2016 starts

Wainwright on the mound in Pittsburgh

LET'S GO CARDINALS !!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Watching the cards game now, buzzing for tomorrow and the Phillies to start there campaign!!

Also good luck everyone in the fantasy baseball!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My prediction:

AL - Blue Jays, Royals, Astros, Wild Card - Rangers.
NL - Mets, Cubs, Giants, Wild Card - Nationals.

World Series - Cubs to beat the Blue Jays 4-3

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto off to a good start, win 5-3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here