Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas Savage - Wishes he was here

Would you welcome back Bas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Making Hammond the joint highest player in the team ? With a get out clause ? Yeah damn silly wasn't it ?

Have seen this sort of reply many times.............but I,d like to know...........do the Albion now have a structured "highest wage"...i.e. say£1500 a week basic, and then differ in bonus/appearance/goals payments....?
To be honest, I can,t see Forster playing for just for the basic wage. I would have thought it would have needed many bonus clauses in his contract to tempt him here.............apart from the fact he lives local, he still has to make a decent living from what is now a very short career remaining.
The claim by DK that Hammond was offered to be the joint highest player, would then be technically true, but maybe not necessarily good in bonus payments.
Just a thought...?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Have seen this sort of reply many times.............but I,d like to know...........do the Albion now have a structured "highest wage"...i.e. say£1500 a week basic, and then differ in bonus/appearance/goals payments....?
To be honest, I can,t see Forster playing for just for the basic wage. I would have thought it would have needed many bonus clauses in his contract to tempt him here.............apart from the fact he lives local, he still has to make a decent living from what is now a very short career remaining.
The claim by DK that Hammond was offered to be the joint highest player, would then be technically true, but maybe not necessarily good in bonus payments.
Just a thought...?

mmm Hammond was our player of the season last year. It was vital to sign him up on a new contract. I just suspect that too much was offered to Jake (skilful but too soft to make it) and Joel ( a great 18 year old but ?!),

Losing Hammond is the worst thing the Albion has done since Barry Lloyd gave Dean Saunders away.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Losing Hammond is the worst thing the Albion has done since Barry Lloyd gave Dean Saunders away.

.... is the funniest post of the season, watch Hammond disappear into obscurity. He was such an awesome player that all the Championship teams were fighting over his signature but finally after protracted wheeling and dealing he signed for the mighty...... Colchester.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dick is a stubborn fcuk, so it won't happen... however, it would be a good move to bring him back on terms favourable to the club... our bench was very weak against Tranmere, although Wilkins choice of OGH over Robinson WAS laughable...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here