Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas Savage to Gillingham

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
But why would he go back? If they offer him something then we can also meet that surely? He played well when he came on against Northampton, contributed a good deal towards beating QPR in the reserve game and earned himself a first team start.
Coupled with the Argus article this evening, it doesn't look much like a player about to walk out.

No reason. His contract renewal is coming up and I would imagine his agent is putting some rumours about. Certainly for clubs that were/would be/are interested in him. Usual rumour generating trouble making stuff from agents.

I don't see why he wouldn't go back if they were to offer him decent terms.

I hope he stays though!

banana_moonwalk.gif

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fantastic! You've gone from the conditional to the factual on the back of one piece of whimsy, all in the name of trying to score a cheap point against someone you claim to support.

I was simply trying to make the point that, of our strikers, Bas is the only one who has ruffled opposition defences this season and it would be a shame to sell him when we seem to be very short of effective firepowe. Let's hope the rumours are untrue.

;)

Last edited:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
So thats why we play him down the right wing then. No great loss if true, as A) he isn't being played in his correct position and B) the Bas flame has well and truly gone out! He did a decent job for us for a bit though. But anyways, I can't see this story being true so imma STFU now!!!!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Exactly. He left as a free agent and came to us because we offered a longer contract than they did.
Fans talk, I reckon, and nothing more.

Let's hope it is just fan talk, we don't need to be losing players in our current state, especially to our relegation rivals!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's hope it is just fan talk, we don't need to be losing players in our current state, especially to our relegation rivals!

True, he WOULD score against us

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very much doubt it after the way he left them and the way the fans reacted when we played them last season.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh will you f*** off with all this Bas bashing. He tries hard, entertains and scored some VITAL goals last term. He's a big man and he can cause problems for other teams. I very much doubt he's bleeding us dry on the wage front and being as his contract is due to expire this year we aren't exactly going to be reaping in the reddies if we do get rid.

We haven't got a squad of superstars in which Mr Savage is surplus to requirements, in fact we need all the help we can get if you ask me.

If he leaves I for one will be saddened and surprised and there are people here who would do well to remember his contribution in the latter half of last season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh will you f*** off with all this Bas bashing. He tries hard, entertains and scored some VITAL goals last term. He's a big man and he can cause problems for other teams. I very much doubt he's bleeding us dry on the wage front and being as his contract is due to expire this year we aren't exactly going to be reaping in the reddies if we do get rid.

We haven't got a squad of superstars in which Mr Savage is surplus to requirements, in fact we need all the help we can get if you ask me.

If he leaves I for one will be saddened and surprised and there are people here who would do well to remember his contribution in the latter half of last season

WELL SAID OLD CHAP!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here