Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bas Savage take a bow !!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Shows what perspective does then, I was in B block and I had no idea it went in, just thought it smashed off the bar and bounced out.

Same here...even told a fan he was talking nonsense at half-time when he said it had crossed the line.
I was on the terrace and it looked for all the world that it had come out clean off the bar

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was in home end at other end of crowd everyone was celebrating around me. I looked away assumed it had gone in even started emailing my mate to tell him ... (actually I'm convinced I saw it go in, my mind must be playing tricks on me ! )... Very surreal

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just seen it again on SSN, looked like he hit the bar really hard and that's why the net was shaking so much. Didn't think it was in, although the TV angle was hardly conclusive. If it did them dagenham are the victim of some of our early-season bad luck finally being evened up.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Just seen it again on SSN, looked like he hit the bar really hard and that's why the net was shaking so much. Didn't think it was in, although the TV angle was hardly conclusive. If it did them dagenham are the victim of some of our early-season bad luck finally being evened up.

I agree, watching on SSN and it didn't look in to me. The net bulged/shook as Painter(?) fell into it, but the ball definitely hit the bar and came out.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Bas got a tremendous ovation from the Albion fans when he was subbed. Too right as he provided many classic moments in his short stay with us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Indeed - fantastic clearance from Elphick's misplaced attempted clearance which was on its way to being an own goal :blush:

Ball hit Bas and then smacked the middle of the crossbar - nowhere near a goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here