Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Charles De Ketelaere also playing for Belgium, a player I would love to see us go for. He plays a role similar to Wirtz and Havertz at Leverkusen, playing as the second striker. Would fit in great with the way we play as even when we play two strikers they're still dropping deep and being involved in build up.
Played for Milan this year and he's been abysmal, Milan haven't had a great season though to be fair and different managers/clubs might get different performances out of him. Still wouldn't throw my money at him.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Played for Milan this year and he's been abysmal, Milan haven't had a great season though to be fair and different managers/clubs might get different performances out of him. Still wouldn't throw my money at him.
They haven't been playing him in the kind of role he thrives in from what I've seen people saying.

Theres a really good player in there though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Romano Says "Here we go".

bart-simpson.gif

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Wonder if his performance the other night sped this one up. Initially it wasn’t until after the U21 euros it would complete. Now it’s done pending medical. Smart move imo his value could double before he even plays for us with a strong rest of the tournament

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Wonder if his performance the other night sped this one up. Initially it wasn’t until after the U21 euros it would complete. Now it’s done pending medical. Smart move imo his value could double before he even plays for us with a strong rest of the tournament
Probably all agreed before the U21 euros started. Deal signed in principal and will complete once medical is passed. Not sure we will be interrupting his Euro campaign to get him completing a medical.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Probably all agreed before the U21 euros started. Deal signed in principal and will complete once medical is passed. Not sure we will be interrupting his Euro campaign to get him completing a medical.
I’m obviously not privy to how transfers work, but I would of assumed he doesn’t sign documents until they are happy he passes the medical? In which case risking a ‘bigger’ club swooping in until that’s done

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I’m obviously not privy to how transfers work, but I would have assumed he doesn’t sign documents until they are happy he passes the medical? In which case risking a ‘bigger’ club swooping in until that’s done
Contracts can be agreed and signed with the caveat that it’s pending successful completion of all medical checks etc. It’s the same as any contract, clauses can be inserted that means the contract is withdrawn if the medical is failed.

It’s quite common not just in football, I’ve signed contracts for jobs that are pending successful DBS and other security checks, that if failed means the contract would be null and void. Football is no different when it comes to employment laws.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Contracts can be agreed and signed with the caveat that it’s pending successful completion of all medical checks etc. It’s the same as any contract, clauses can be inserted that means the contract is withdrawn if the medical is failed.

It’s quite common not just in football, I’ve signed contracts for jobs that are pending successful DBS and other security checks, that if failed means the contract would be null and void. Football is no different when it comes to employment laws.
Makes sense now it’s been explained, thanks a lot :)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

See, this goes against the 'No-one moans about FAB ROM when it's a SINGING for us' narrative: I can't stand all the drawn-out drivel and "Will-he/won't he? How much is on the table? When did he last have a dump?" bollocks. Just announce the player when it's all done and dusted, like Naylor typically does.

That said – assuming Bart joins and the Brentford fan-botherer is correct – welcome to the club!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here