Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Lloyd and I need a lift to Scunthorpe

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Barry Lloyd is one of the most under rated managers ever in Albion's history. FACT.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:
Barry Lloyd is one of the most under rated managers ever in Albion's history. FACT.

and you are a master tipster, totally under rated - FACT

:p :p :p

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton & Hove Albion 2 , Nelson, Bremner
Bristol Rovers 1

Get in.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC 4 Millwall 1
Millwall 1 BHAFC 2

Get in

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Liverpool 2
BHAFC 2

Get in.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
vulture said:
Dave
A idea for the phone in,why dont you and Ian take peoples numbers during the week and call them after the game.That way it would stop certain people getting on the show like lesley from hangleton etc and make for a hour of good calls rather than 30 of good calls and the rest wasted by prats

Ohh, way too expensive that, remember, this is BBC SCR, they can't even afford to send their summariser (Lloyd) and Presenter (Harty) to Scunny, they have to get a lift of someone else !!

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It would prevent Ethel from the Nursing home coming on saying " stop knocking the boys get behind the lads ".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wanderer said:
Ohh, way too expensive that, remember, this is BBC SCR, they can't even afford to send their summariser (Lloyd) and Presenter (Harty) to Scunny, they have to get a lift of someone else !!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It's funny because it's true.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Harty said:
Thanks all, to explain due to IHFS commitments the car I would normally travel in is required back in Worthing, Mrs H is out and about and Hawesy is staying up for the weekend.
Car hire was an option but why use Hertz when you have NSC?

Anyway DTG is our 'Parker' and rip roaring day looks on the cards....

And John the Mark Gall story is best left alone!!!!!

an dave of course will sing you a few songs on the way up

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
We have two spare train tickets - £17.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
gazwag said:
Cant you just borrow a hearse, the taxman will be happy its business use as if we perform like we did last week we will be dead and buried by half time
will the fatty taxman give an opinion on this ? I was under the impression that being dead and buried by half time didn't qualify under new EU regulations.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave Willcock is mixing with so many celeb's nowadays he won;t have anytime for the likes of me :down:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
We won 1-0, Codner scored.

Did we really win? There were a few trips to Fulham. Maybe that's why I remember it, I can't imagine anyone getting that abuse after a victory unless they were really unpopular.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
Did we really win? There were a few trips to Fulham. Maybe that's why I remember it, I can't imagine anyone getting that abuse after a victory unless they were really unpopular.

If it is the game I am thinking of, it was around October 1993, when Lloyd was coming to the end of his tenure, we were near the bottom, I think Fulham were below us (they went down that year) and it was 0-0 at half time, he had to walk in front of the away stand and got a torrent of abuse. Codner then scored rather a good goal (I think it was him) to win us the game.

I tell a lie, it was Nogan that scored;

6-Nov A Fulham 1-0 4,383 15 22 0 Nogan

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Uncle Spielberg said:

I would go with that.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Yeah get Harty and Bazza Lloyd on the train with the GDC. Only problem would be trying to keep the sound of popping corks, clinking of glasses and the crunching of biscuits (and cheese) off the air! Its a shame its not a London game then they could do the phone in live from the Flying Scotsman. That would give everyone plenty to talk about (and where exactly did that snake go and why is Boony right down the front again?)

Barry Lloyd did make some excellent signings, Small, Byrne etc etc but he made a mistake in trying to lead the new ground project at the same time as being manager and hence everything started to fall apart. He wasn't too hot on using substitutes either! He did get us just 90 minutes from the Premiership! I still hate Notts County for the pathetic following at Wembley that day. All they could sing about was a stupid wheelbarrow!

Still he did manage the Albion with a difficult board and at the time when the club really was starting to look like going out of business, so I am not sure we will know what went on behind the scenes. When you have Bellotti and Archer to work for, it cant have been very easy.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here