Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Fry....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Seems a bit pissed off and isulted at the £1 million offer from Villa for Lewis. Said they have had three offers, from prem clubs and all laughable. So just how much does Mr Fry belive his young starlet is worth?..True he has warmed Englands bench, for one reason and another. But in truth he has had one season in the championship, in a relegated team and is currently playing in the third teir of English football....I'd say a million was a fair offer myself.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I heard him say something about the offer they recieved was less than what they paid for him, was that from Villa then?
To be fair to him he is pretty good, some newspapers reckoned we would have hit double figures at London Road if it wasnt for Lewis

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I heard him say something about the offer they recieved was less than what they paid for him, was that from Villa then?

they paid 400K for him from norwich and Villa reportedly offered a million but like the market trader he is Fry is talking up the price. I don't think they wanted to sell Lewis but even with Ferguson back I think there will be more sales at London Rd and I can see Boyd and Mackail-Smith having to go. Maybe MacAnthony hasn't got as much money as he needs to keep the club on an even keel? Relegation hurts if contracts don't allow for it.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
they paid 400K for him from norwich and Villa reportedly offered a million but like the market trader he is Fry is talking up the price. I don't think they wanted to sell Lewis but even with Ferguson back I think there will be more sales at London Rd and I can see Boyd and Mackail-Smith having to go. Maybe MacAnthony hasn't got as much money as he needs to keep the club on an even keel? Relegation hurts if contracts don't allow for it.

Too right SG as we found out after 1983 and have been paying for it ever since, we could have done with a Barry Fry back then ourselves, some of our stars were sold way to cheap, i cant remeber the fees but im sure we could have got more for the likes of Stevens, Foster and Robinson. Fair play to the bouncy fella, looking out for his club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here