Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrett sucking up to his mates over on NSP over his non story

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Typical North Stand Trolls - can dish it out but can't handle it when it's thrown back at them. What a bunch of muppets.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What is a Sub-editor?

Why are there so many people on here who post regularly but continually seem to look down on everyone else for being retards?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What is a Sub-editor?

Why are there so many people on here who post regularly but continually seem to look down on everyone else for being retards?

A sub-editor is the person / people who put the stories on the page. They occasionally change the journalists copy and cut bits etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm quite happy to admit to being a retard and posting on both sites. It means that I can mock the spackas, mongs, window lickers and flids with impunity.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
A sub-editor is the person / people who put the stories on the page. They occasionally change the journalists copy and cut bits etc.

Sub-editors are also very easy targets and tend to get the blame when misinformation is printed, even though the final responsibility in terms of what is published doesn't actually lie with them. They are pretty good at getting journalists out of hot water on occasion, by actually fact-checking and, frequently, correcting the abysmal spelling and grammar that characterises many stories in their raw form.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They are pretty good at getting journalists out of hot water on occasion, by actually fact-checking and, frequently, correcting the abysmal spelling and grammar that characterises many stories in their raw form.

You've read a lot of Richie's work then?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I would be careful what people say about this Barrett fellow.

Photographic evidence suggests indeed that he may be in fact 'street' or possibly 'gangsta' and may show little mercy in acts of revenge.

My Chemical Toilet

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I'm quite happy to admit to being a retard and posting on both sites. It means that I can mock the spackas, mongs, window lickers and flids with impunity.
i too am a wrongun and post on both sites.
no bitchin over there, and no one's got their head stuck up their own arse

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

..and sometimes completely re-write them, if the original copy's a load of old cack. Our subs here do all Richie says, but fact-checking's also extremely important. Any copy that comes to me (as a features editor) is fiddled and fact-checked by me before it goes to the subs, but you often don't have a word count from the designers, so the copy is then trimmed by the subs in order to fit the page layout.

We have problems at the repro house, sometimes. The pages will be sent to repro, but will then return with errors that weren't in the original. That's a right old bugger.

I've had important bits taken out of stories / mistakes added to my copy before now, and if you're a lowly writer it's bloody annoying because you often don't get to double-check the story before it goes to print. Any errors are seen by readers as being yours, when they're not.

PABLO ESCOBAR

Oct 3, 2003
Bogota.
no bitchin over there, and no one's got their head stuck up their own arse

because everytime someone posts anything contraversial or disagrees then they get banned. at least people can disagree on here and are allowed to stay on the board and post. north poles must be the most censored board in the whole world.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would be careful what people say about this Barrett fellow.

Photographic evidence suggests indeed that he may be in fact 'street' or possibly 'gangsta' and may show little mercy in acts of revenge.

My Chemical Toilet

thats it...on behalf of all the Retards on here, I am going to give that young man a jolly good telling off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here