Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
awful run at the end of the season....gus seemed to have gave up.....and then try out nothing new.....shame.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm happy with the season. We could have sneaked a play-off place if it wasn't for our lack of away goals but no complaints about a top 10 finish.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Also, 10 (TEN) points ahead of Palace!
That's especially good when you know, as we do, that Palace lie just 10 places and 19 points outside the playoffs, poised, and ready to pounce for next season.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
At the beginning of the season, I forecasted 70 pts and 7th place. Four points underachieved.

The Championship was good this season with lots of southern clubs, but next season there will be more trips up north.

36323 at Southampton. What will our capacity be next season?

Think they may struggle to get 36k as their capacity is 32,900! Think they got 32323 today!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What point is that exactly?..The point that Poyet signed all of them in the first place and has spent millions in the process.

Wondered how long it would take you to crawl out of the woodwork Fraser, "we're all doomed"

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Was hoping to go out with a bang,but another dire away performance and just 5 shots:nono:I hope gus thinks attack next season as the negative approach is boring,far to many defensive midfielders at this club.

Looking forward to some quality signings next season i hope:D

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can't understand why LuaLua's been left out the last two games - if anyone's capable of creating chances, he is. I'm beginning to think Poyet doesn't rate him, yet whenever he comes on he seems like the most dangerous player on the pitch. He's also got a fantastic shot - feel like you've got a chance with him from any free-kicks on the edge of the box. To not even name him as a sub is ludicrous. He and Vicente should be the first names on the team sheet, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I can't understand why LuaLua's been left out the last two games - if anyone's capable of creating chances, he is. I'm beginning to think Poyet doesn't rate him, yet whenever he comes on he seems like the most dangerous player on the pitch. He's also got a fantastic shot - feel like you've got a chance with him from any free-kicks on the edge of the box. To not even name him as a sub is ludicrous. He and Vicente should be the first names on the team sheet, as far as I'm concerned.

Something to do with being charged with affray after a punch up in a Newcastle nightclub...That's why he has been out of favour recently.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has always said he wants to be moving forward year by year.

He knows we weren't ready/good enough for the Prem, so didn't push hard for it at the end.

To move forward next year he needs to get higher than 10th (rather than 6th).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Something to do with being charged with affray after a punch up in a Newcastle nightclub...That's why he has been out of favour recently.

So why has he not been out of favour since June 27 last year then?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Considering it happened last June, I would imagine Gus was aware of it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
awful run at the end of the season....gus seemed to have gave up.....and then try out nothing new.....shame.

Agree with this ... kind of odd mixed feelings. On one hand delighted with the 10th place finish ... on the other just bewildered at picking up just 12 points from the last 13 games and without (seemingly) doing anything much to try and change it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gus has always said he wants to be moving forward year by year.

He knows we weren't ready/good enough for the Prem, so didn't push hard for it at the end.

To move forward next year he needs to get higher than 10th (rather than 6th).

I have to disagree ... you can't time when you want to get into promotion contention, it doesn't work on "time served" just ask Forest, Ipswich, Leics, Leeds etc etc

We missed an opportunity, we might get one again next year or it may be several more ... but I simply can't believe we weren't bothered

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
kind of odd mixed feelings. On one hand delighted with the 10th place finish ... on the other just bewildered at picking up just 12 points from the last 13 games

At the risk of saying this...this!

Would have been delighted with 10th at the start of the season and still have to be very happy with the progress we are making year on year. However, getting to 4th and imploding is disappointing.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
vicentebosom.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here