Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley Tickets Remaining

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I would explain a reduced attendance from Barnsley on the fact they have already done this ground. According to one of their own commentators on here, for London / South coast clubs they normally travel with 300-500. I would hope to at least see them in the middle of this figure.

Cardiff actually brought more than last year and I don't agree the figures were bumped up for them - firstly why would we? Secondly, you have to remember than from where the divide was in the south stand to the divide in the East, you could accomodate about 2500, so their 700 odd is going to look a little sparse.

When we have the likes of Barnsley and Cardiff on a Tuesday, there will be empties, just as there are in the home stands from people who have already bought a ST. f I had a gripe, then I would prefer to see more Saturday 3pm games.

Are we the most expensive ground in the Championship? If away supporters are getting a coach do they still have to pay the extra for the travel voucher?

We will have empty seats all season because they have got the pricing wrong.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Will the south stand be half empty again

perhaps you could suggest to the club that they go the "Groupon" route....................... although I believe that at least one club quite close by has tried that and has not had much success.

Anyway I am just off to collect my grandson (Birmingham City convert) and then start the 4 hour drive to the match................ there must be some appeal there somewhere :lol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No, the western 2 blocks are fully sold out. The club released half of block S1F late on Thursday, and this block has just over 100 tickets left.

I don't understand why they don't just release it all together. On the day the seats are all there empty anyway and people can move around and pick whatever they want, so the gradual release seems pointless ... must be missing something?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Are we the most expensive ground in the Championship? If away supporters are getting a coach do they still have to pay the extra for the travel voucher?

We will have empty seats all season because they have got the pricing wrong.

Not an Economist are you? it's about maximising income not attendance

I don't understand why they don't just release it all together. On the day the seats are all there empty anyway and people can move around and pick whatever they want, so the gradual release seems pointless ... must be missing something?

I agree. Insider said it was to help with staffing as they only needed to open some sections, however, this does not make sense as as soon as S1F has been opened then the shutter will be up in the south stand, so it's all open anyway.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If people will pay £28 for second tie football then you cant blame the club for charging it. It would be mad to charge any less. Equally, I wouldnt pay it on a regular basis but as I will only go to a few games a season anyway and so it doesnt really effect me, although I did choose horse racing over football today and price was a factor in that decision.

So really fans are only prepared to pay £28 (£30) sometimes. But you might pay £25 (£27) alot more times? So charging less might not be as mad as you think.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The club wants you to sit in the allocated seat ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here