Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley full match

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Insider posted on Ask The Club something along lines of people preffering to watch shorter highlights than the full 90. Additionally, and I'm not an expert on this, but I imagine the poor quality of the 90 mins on other sites is because a better quality would require a much higher file size, would take an age to upload and may be tricky for the person watchings internet connecton to run it seemlessly at a decent quality. I watched a bit of the Cardiff 90 mins and gave up, one because 90 mins is a bit boring, and two because the quality was so rubbish.

It amazes me how critical people are. The set up we have now, with extended highlights and loads of camera angles is bloody brilliant. How many other clubs have such brilliant outside broadcast set ups with multiple camera angles? Not many I'd wager. We should be proud of this, not moaning every week! I think the club do a f***ing fantastic job in this respect and the constant moaning on here just seems so ungrateful. We could only have dreamed of something this good a couple of years ago!

multiple camera angles?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Insider posted on Ask The Club something along lines of people preffering to watch shorter highlights than the full 90. Additionally, and I'm not an expert on this, but I imagine the poor quality of the 90 mins on other sites is because a better quality would require a much higher file size, would take an age to upload and may be tricky for the person watchings internet connecton to run it seemlessly at a decent quality. I watched a bit of the Cardiff 90 mins and gave up, one because 90 mins is a bit boring, and two because the quality was so rubbish.

It amazes me how critical people are. The set up we have now, with extended highlights and loads of camera angles is bloody brilliant. How many other clubs have such brilliant outside broadcast set ups with multiple camera angles? Not many I'd wager. We should be proud of this, not moaning every week! I think the club do a f***ing fantastic job in this respect and the constant moaning on here just seems so ungrateful. We could only have dreamed of something this good a couple of years ago!

Have i seen you working on the club cameras or similar on the WSU gantry?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Easy tiger, I'm delighted with what we have now. You're right that it's a massive improvement on what we had and is something to be proud of. Some of the camera work in the gantry in particular is superb :wink:

I just think it's odd that the club provide full footage to other clubs' fans but not us. 90 minutes may well (understandably) not be for you, but if that was the general consensus then I don't understand why the DVDs were released in the first place - it would be interesting to see the sales figures on these but I realise they're probably something that the club wouldn't want or feel the need the need to release. You could very well be right in respect of the quality being a factor though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy tiger, I'm delighted with what we have now. You're right that it's a massive improvement on what we had and is something to be proud of. Some of the camera work in the gantry in particular is superb :wink:

I just think it's odd that the club provide full footage to other clubs' fans but not us. 90 minutes may well (understandably) not be for you, but if that was the general consensus then I don't understand why the DVDs were released in the first place - it would be interesting to see the sales figures on these but I realise they're probably something that the club wouldn't want or feel the need the need to release. You could very well be right in respect of the quality being a factor though.

I have nothing to do with Seagulls Player btw! Don't film anything for them. I think the DVDs are nice for those who want them, my brother missed the game as he's on holiday so a good way to see the game when he gets back. Better quality plus not everyone has Seagulls Player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very few Barnsley fans wanted to watch it live so I doubt many would watch it online afterwards

Indeed :lol:

Their home gate only averages about 12,000 - must be tough to survive but if they go down then god help 'em because their crowds will drop dramatically

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
If the club offer 90 minute full matches, people will moan that the chances and goals they want to watch are impossible to find/skip to.
If the club offer extended highlights, like they do now people will moan that they cant see every kick of the game.

Can they win?

We are one of the only clubs, (the others being leeds and cardiff) that offer this kind of multi angle highlight service so quit your moaning :smile:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm just really delighted to have been able to see the full 90 of all our games so far this season.

I hope it continues.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
They obviously weren't impressed with their goalkeeper after watching it back, Dave has been released after 3 games:facepalm:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
They obviously weren't impressed with their goalkeeper after watching it back, Dave has been released after 3 games:facepalm:

I thought they said he was only brought in as cover for 3 games?

And I think there is a limit to the filesize that can be uploaded to Player - 1gb or something. So if you want 90 minutes (or two 45 minute halves) you have to drop the quality drastically.
Have our extended highlights changed recently? When they were first brought in they used to run through the teams beforehand and were about 20 minutes long! Now they're around 10 minutes...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've watched the 90 minutes from the Cardiff and Barnsley games but didn't bother watching the Hull one as I was at that game. Although the video quality is poor you get a better sense of the game than just 10 or 12 minutes of highlights.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If the club offer 90 minute full matches, people will moan that the chances and goals they want to watch are impossible to find/skip to.
If the club offer extended highlights, like they do now people will moan that they cant see every kick of the game.

Can they win?

We are one of the only clubs, (the others being leeds and cardiff) that offer this kind of multi angle highlight service so quit your moaning :smile:

Multi Angle is good. Quality is poor for 2012.

Lots of teams offer extended highlights and full games, choice is good.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Multi Angle is good. Quality is poor for 2012.

Lots of teams offer extended highlights and full games, choice is good.

On a similar note, is Seagull player ever going to provide content direct compatible with an iPad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here