Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No way was that accidental ... he doesn't need to look he knew precisely where the bloke was ... very surprised he got away with it

Rubbish, what do you expect the guy to do, levitate! The way the Wrexham player was sprawled over floor there was no way Barnes could avoid him.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Looked accidental to me. Their player goes down directly in front of him, where else is he supposed to go?!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
levitation..now that would b quite a useful skill...now uve mentioned it there will b a whole new thread blaming barnes for not having this ability lol

You won't find a post anywhere by me knocking Barnes .. it could have been Bridcutt/CMS or anyone ... just the way I saw it, certainly nothing to do with what I think of the player. Will always be one of those things where opinions are divided same as his tackle in the Burnley game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You won't find a post anywhere by me knocking Barnes .. it could have been Bridcutt/CMS or anyone ... just the way I saw it, certainly nothing to do with what I think of the player. Will always be one of those things where opinions are divided same as his tackle in the Barnsley game.

soz ..i wasn't getting at u :)

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
lol...chill mate ..look at the number of comments against him...for me it wasn't...but it will divide many as per usual..perhaps hav a glance at how many were moaning about his interview technique

People have it on for him it seems, thought it was a stamp. But i still think his a good player.

His stats speak for them self, but people ignore that.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Wtf was the stamp on the players back all about, people will say it was momentum but looked pretty on purpose to me, he seems to have this silly side about him.

No different or worse than the petulant tackles made by Obeng and Tolley. In fact, a less lenient ref would have sent the former off for his tackle on Vincelot and Morrell should have been shown a yellow after his first outburst IMHO.

If that had been Rooney or any other top flight player or manager, the press would have been up in arms and Morrell should have set an example.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Be interesting to know how many of you have played football (at any standard) regularly from some of the comments above as I honestly think that makes a difference on opinion with this incident...

I really can't decide whether he meant it or not but I do know slow mo replays prob made it look 10 times worse IF he didn't mean it. You can't always adjust your feet in mid air in a split second either...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No chance that was intentional. If he HAD tried to land elsewhere it would have meant having to adjust feet and put more weight down and THEN he might have stamped on the bloke.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He wasn't wearing boots with 18 miniature stilettos beneath to pierce a fallen foe through the heart. He was going at full pelt when the other tumbled and he had no choice but to tread softly on the back of him. There was no stamping action or malicious intent. He might be a bit venomous at times, but that wasn't one of them.
I suppose if there is anywhere to place one's weight in such circumstances it's the buttocks. They're two pillows of little feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here