Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes' shooting, Painter's pace and a few other concerns

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This. Blogs are all well and good, as are opinions, but you sound like a complete wanker using it as a sounding board to have a pop at the ultras, Richie.

Richie "LEAVE GARETH ALONE" Morris - f***ing massive hypocrite.

Quote Bozza on thread at top of front page: "It is also not acceptable to be sweary and abusive in response to views that do not match your own."

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex
Christ alive, can we not have a bit of positivity.:shootself

moan, moan, moan.

'I don't like the song they sing' blah, blah, bloody blah. Nor do I, but at least they make some noise.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I agree with Painter not being quick enough, but I think he gets away with it with his reading of the play and positioning. I also agree that Barnes is not a very good finisher but he is still young and there is hope yet, and besides, he won't be first choice (I'm one of the people who irrationally can't accept that he's a good player even though he scored 20 goals).

North Stand I don't see the problem with, at least they're being noisy. Fan cam, again don't see why it's an issue, it's not as if it's happening during the game. Finally STH attendance - wasn't Gillingham just on general sale rather than STHs automatically having their seat? Anyway it's the carling cup against Gillingham - all things considered 16k isn't a bad attendance at all

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Finally STH attendance - wasn't Gillingham just on general sale rather than STHs automatically having their seat? Anyway it's the carling cup against Gillingham - all things considered 16k isn't a bad attendance at all

More or less, STH had a certain length of time to purchase their seat, after which they went on general sale. Many STH chose to wait and buy a seat elsewhere.

I admit I was very wrong with what I thought the attendance would be after initial sales were very poor. Initially I anticipated 8k maximum.

Even though it was a "cheaper" night out, many season ticket holder may not have been able to afford the cost of a cup match, hence why many non season ticket holders appeared. Also it was a good opportunity for those without a"history" to get ticket to:

a. Start a history so they stand a chance on general realease tickets
b. Start loyalty points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here