Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes' Penalty - Superb!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
One thing though; there is absolutely no way that Barnes should have celebrated as he did while there was still a chance to equalise. Quick fist pump while SPRINTING to get the ball out of the net should have been the extent of it. Bet Gus was livid. Brainfart by Ashley. Sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere.

I thought that. Almost too caught up in the fact he's scored a goal aganist Liverpool to think that we still had time to press for another. Think another player went to get it though. Not that the 5-10 second difference will actually make any difference :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Watching the league cup show this morning, gus seemed a little put out, he seemed to turn to the fans, or the bench behind him as if he expected them to do something about it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Awaits Mr.Burns to tell us, it "Only looked a good penalty because the keeper didn't save it" or some such bullshit.
WHy would I say that??? It was a brilliant penatly. The reason I said his previous two were shit penaties, is because they were easily saveable, and had he tried that on last night, it would have been saved.

But credit where credits due, no keeper saves those, and it was one of the best penalties I've seen. Fair play to him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Barnes up to 6 for the season now. Wonder how many he had at this point last year?

We've played 10 games this season.

We played our ninth game of the season on the 21st of september last year, at that point he had scored 2 (he missed the northampton game). After ten games he had scored 3.

So, by date, 2. By number of games, 3.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We've played 10 games this season.

We played our ninth game of the season on the 21st of september last year, at that point he had scored 2 (he missed the northampton game). After ten games he had scored 3.

So, by date, 2. By number of games, 3.

By that ratio then he should have nearly 40 come the end of the season. Brilliant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here