Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelone Shirts

hutchings (48)

Dec 2, 2004
The Wild West
Sorry to be a bit nurdy, but I noticed Barcelona didn't have a shirt sponser last night. Then it occured to me that I don't recall them ever having a shirt sponsor. Is this correct? Is it club policy to not have a shirt sponsor? If so, what makes their shirt so precious? Does anyone care ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They don't have a sponsor because they are proud of being Catalans are don't want to cheapen the shirt in any way.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
They don't have a sponsor because they are proud of being Catalans are don't want to cheapen the shirt in any way.

they are so strict about this policy that they are rumoured to be in negotiations with a major international sponsor for next season....

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
afters said:
they are so strict about this policy that they are rumoured to be in negotiations with a major international sponsor for next season....

FACT

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Apparently in talks with the Chinese Olympics to publicise it, whether this happens is open to debate tho with the fans not to happy bout it. Also the little TV3 on the sleeve is a kind of sponsorship from a Catalan tv company, this was brought in at the beginning of the season. Personally i think the Barca shirt without names accross it is a good thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barcelona never have had shirt sponsors - the closest they come to it is the Nike tick, but then Nike are the shirt manufacturers and its always pretty inconspicuous.

Afters - that would be more than a little amazing if that rumour is true. I can't believe they'll ditch 105 years of history to finally succumb to sponsorship. Its one of the things that make Barcelona such an enduringly unique institution, and something the Catalans are very proud of.

Real Madrid tried to join in on this touch of class a few years back when the Teka sponsorship ran out....I think they went one season with their famous white shirts being sponsor-less, before they once again opened their corporate legs and allowed Siemens to penetrate them deep and hard.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Aren't Chelsea going with no shirt sponsor next season? I remember hearing something about it....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It's all about the debt that they find themselves in. Part of Laporta election manifesto was to get them out of debt and if that meant having a shirt sponsor then so be it. Last i heard was that nothing was confirmed and as you said goes against a very long history.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Aren't Chelsea going with no shirt sponsor next season? I remember hearing something about it....
Yep for their centenary I believe. They're also changing back to their old badg they had before Ken Bates half inched Millwall's.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:
Barcelona never have had shirt sponsors - the closest they come to it is the Nike tick, but then Nike are the shirt manufacturers and its always pretty inconspicuous.

Afters - that would be more than a little amazing if that rumour is true. I can't believe they'll ditch 105 years of history to finally succumb to sponsorship. Its one of the things that make Barcelona such an enduringly unique institution, and something the Catalans are very proud of.

Real Madrid tried to join in on this touch of class a few years back when the Teka sponsorship ran out....I think they went one season with their famous white shirts being sponsor-less, before they once again opened their corporate legs and allowed Siemens to penetrate them deep and hard.

When we were at the Nou camp last year, this guide bloke said they were "sponsored" by Nike but had a deal where all they have to show is the tick.

he also said that they are regarded as a "national" team in that they are the representatives of the catalan nation ( a bit like Gillingham being the national team of the Pikeys)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
When we were at the Nou camp last year, this guide bloke said they were "sponsored" by Nike but had a deal where all they have to show is the tick.

he also said that they are regarded as a "national" team in that they are the representatives of the catalan nation

Never knew that before. That is so much CLASS by Barca :clap: :clap2: :clap:

Can only hope the Albion can afford to show the same sort of sensibility when the sad day comes that the SKINT sponsorship runs out. It'll be a very sad day indeed when the club has to run out in shirts with the corporate logo of some firm of greedhead property developers splashed across the front.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Barca shirt I bought when I visited there has this logo on the sleeve

lfp.gif

Anyone know what it is ? Also noticed it was "Made in United Kingdom"

Edit
DUR! Just noticed what it means when I got the picture off google "Liga Futbol Profesionel"

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Easy 10 said:
I think they went one season with their famous white shirts being sponsor-less, before they once again opened their corporate legs and allowed Siemens to penetrate them deep and hard.

:lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
pasty said:
The Barca shirt I bought when I visited there has this logo on the sleeve

lfp.gif

Anyone know what it is ? Also noticed it was "Made in United Kingdom"
That's the logo of the Spanish league.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
given how bloody awful and tacky their kit is I wouldnt be suprised if no company would want their Corporate ID anywhere near the shirts :eek:

E

enigma

dave the gaffer said:

he also said that they are regarded as a "national" team in that they are the representatives of the catalan nation ( a bit like Gillingham being the national team of the Pikeys)

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Very good!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
zefarelly said:
given how bloody awful and tacky their kit is I wouldnt be suprised if no company would want their Corporate ID anywhere near the shirts :eek:
Disgraceful statement.

I'd agree that the away kit they wore last night was utter gash, but Barcelona's home kit is class. And before anyone mentions it, its NOTHING LIKE that revolting, urban gaudy red and blue monstrosity that Palace choose to parade around in. Barca's kit is a deeper, richer pallette with much wider stripes - far classier.

I also have something of a fetish for the Ajax shirt. Something about that sideways writing that looks well cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here