Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barcelona trip

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went recently for a long weekend.

Stayed at the Barcelo Raval, which was about 5 minutes walk to La Rambla, but on the "edgy" side of the town centre (equivalent of Shoreditch / Whitechapel in London), so a bit scruffy to walk from but I never felt unsafe. It's a big chain hotel with a polished boutique-y feel, similar to Malmaison, and has a great rooftop bar with decent views of the city (10/11 storeys high). There were loads of tiny, but great quality, restaurants in the streets around.
I alway stay at the Barcelo Raval, done so numerous times, nice place in a good location. A friend calls it The Glitter Palace :lolol:

I love Barcelona and usually go at least once a year. Amazing city.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My favourite part was breakfast - chocolate doughnuts and cava freely available...
I usually wander to the market for breakfast, normally hungover, where 3 oysters followed by a strong coffee sort me out!

putthatboarddown

May 23, 2024
Thanks for all the info, really useful!

I thought the Nou Camp was opening back up part way through this season? That’s part of what we wanted to go for and had planned it for later in the season.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
The capacity at the Olympic stadium is a lot lower than Camp Nou so could be harder to get tickets. Attendances in the 40,000s this season as opposed to 80,000s. It was possible just to rock up at Camp Nou and get a ticket in the past.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I also like the Barcelo Ravel, prefer that part of the city as it has grit and glitter!
Some really cool bars in the area and plenty of places for mobile phone accessories.
In a city the size of Barcelona with so many hotels it is quite amazing how many NSCers have stayed at this same, funky hotel.

Either it is because it is comparatively cheap or maybe the OTT sparkly pink decor just appeals the 'Brighton' side of us :lolol:

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Some updates about Camp Nou

Barcelona President Joan Laporta remains adamant that work is on track for the club to return home to Camp Nou by the end of 2024, but there are conflicting reports surrounding just how ready the stadium will be by then.

Bar Canaletes detail that club are considering returning to Camp Nou in February with a capacity of 64,000 fans, a move which would require postponing the construction of the third tier, and focusing all of the efforts on the first and second tiers. There would be no toilets plumbed into the stadium, which would instead be placed around the ground.

Laporta lied (or at least didn't tell whole truth) before so don't always believe him but I think we should definitely be back at Camp Nou by February or March at least. Club is losing too much money playing at Montjuic so clearly want to return ASAP.

This week they also got permission from the City council for works on the stadium to be carried out 24h a day Monday to Friday.

Good news for the return to Spotify Camp Nou. FC Barcelona and Barcelona City Council reached an agreement this Tuesday by which the two entities, together with the residents of Les Corts, so that the stadium construction schedules can be extended all day starting this Thursday. After the restrictions that the Barça club suffered in recent months due to neighborhood complaints, as reported by Betevé, FC Barcelona and the City Council have sealed an agreement so that the works can be carried out 24 hours a day, from Monday to Friday, in the area of the Gol Nord, which overlooks the cemetery, where you can also work outside (from the end of the office area and up to La Masia) until midnight. In the other areas (Travessera de les Corts, Maternitat and Arístides Maillol) the hours are maintained from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. from Monday to Friday but until midnight work can be done inside the stadium on painting and wiring works, although without involving cranes or noise.

(google translate, sorry)

Looking at fixtures for April we have 3 home league games - Betis, Celta and Mallorca. Maybe some CL KO games too but won't know about those until later in the season ofc.

Usually you shouldn't have problems to get tickets for any of these games against lower to mid tier opponents but with the team returning to Camp Nou and especially if we'll continue to have a good season I expect there will be more interest. Would still expect some tickets to be available though.

Scheduling is a problem as La Liga usually don't release exact dates and kick off times until around 3 weeks before the game. So could be a nightmare to plan when you don't know if the game will be Saturday afternoon or Sunday evening (or any time in between) for example. Keep in mind games on Friday or Monday are also a possibility. Barca don't play on those days often but it happens once or twice a season in weeks when we don't have European games. But 99% you can count on Saturday or Sunday.

Also for mid week games it could be any time between Tuesday and Thursday. Mallorca is a mid week game. But if you're going for a prolonged weekend probably won't go to that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here