Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banter YES, Bigotry NO.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the run up to the Palace name, when many people's name calling abilities will be stretched to the max, can I kindly remind you of the rules.

By all means take the rip out of each other, so references to Wonky Warehouses, Caravans, JCL's, selling lucky heather etc will be tolerated.

However, racist or homophobic abuse will result in a ban until after 'the' fixture, and perhaps longer too.

Similarly, please keep potty mouths to yourself, there is no need for it.

At a time when we are reflecting on bigger issues, remember that REMF have raised over £100,000 in the last ten years, and some of the credit for this is due to our decent rivals from Croydon. So once again, have fun, but don't go overboard. We have just made our first Nazi ban in relation to excessive language, and will have no qualms repeating the act.

Let the binfest continue, but remember to do your paper rounds tomorrow morning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Without wishing to open a can of worms, do we define PIKEY as racist? We don't want to offend the ACTUAL pikeys. I suggest 'white trash' as more a suitable term for our Croydon chums. Um, apart from the black ones, obviously...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
PIKEY is allowed, unless your parents are both CARP or PERCH.

IMO it refers to a general underclass of poorly educated, benefit scrounging, illiterate GOONS, whose ambition in life is to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show with their sister (who may also be their wife).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the run up to the Palace name, when many people's name calling abilities will be stretched to the max, can I kindly remind you of the rules.

By all means take the rip out of each other, so references to Wonky Warehouses, Caravans, JCL's, selling lucky heather etc will be tolerated.

However, racist or homophobic abuse will result in a ban until after 'the' fixture, and perhaps longer too.

Similarly, please keep potty mouths to yourself, there is no need for it.

At a time when we are reflecting on bigger issues, remember that REMF have raised over £100,000 in the last ten years, and some of the credit for this is due to our decent rivals from Croydon. So once again, have fun, but don't go overboard. We have just made our first Nazi ban in relation to excessive language, and will have no qualms repeating the act.

Let the binfest continue, but remember to do your paper rounds tomorrow morning.

Like the 'homophobic' abuse against the Albion, is it just banter, not really believed?

Otherwise mass arrests and bannings against opposing fans of Albion, for homophobia.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll mostly be using the term NIGELS to describe the ever-so-dull office clerk gimps from the wrong end of the A23. They will never be pikies to me I'm afraid. :nono:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So is a NIGEL a separate sub species of the LESSER WORKED PIKEY ???

Feb 14, 2010
As a Brighton fan I wonder who is calling who a Pikey? Anyone been to Wild Park (20 minutes walk from the ground) recently? Brighton have built a ground on the edge of East Brighton and 30 minutes from Newhaven. With greatest respect, neither places can be described as Fulham can they, and nor for that matter can Hastings, or "Porta-Slada" or most of the coast . I even saw someone call out a palace fan on drug consumption! This is Brighton we are talking about, the drugs death "capital" of the country! Some on here lack imagination but its plain daft, especially as palace fans come from places like Bromley, Cheam, Coulsdon, Beckenham and all solid middle class areas.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can we QUESTION Judas parentage WITHOUT the obligatory no Glenn Murray no promotion from your goodself? :moo:

Feb 14, 2010
Pot Noodles, we support a team that hails from the drugs death capital of the country, get over it lad, and maybe live outside of Sussex to then get some perspective on other areas of the country.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
essexeagle opened with "hi bandits!" I don't think he means as in Mexican.

Very easy to swerve direct gay stuff like you say. Bandits,up hill gardeners,ring bashers etc. Will that be tolerated ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Very easy to swerve direct gay stuff like you say. Bandits,up hill gardeners,ring bashers etc. Will that be tolerated ?

If it's piss taking then probably yes, we'll look at everything on a case by case basis.

We don't want to be too precious about it, after all, as sang at Ashton Gate on Saturday

"We're gay, and we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, but the word "gay" isn't a term of abuse in it's general context, is it? Plus I think it was sung in response to a chorus of "sing when you're rimming".

It's interesting to note the comments about use of the word "pikey", as I'm pretty sure there has been a case somewhere or other where that word, as used against a gypsy, was deemed to be racist by the court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here