Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banning smoking in Pubs - I'm now IN FAVOUR

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Following a trip to DUBBERS over the weekend I can now say I am firmly IN FAVOUR of a ban on smoking in pubs and resteraunts.

The reasons are three fold.

1) It does make the atmosphere in pubs a lot nicer, never realised before the impact smoking has on the whole ambience of boozers.

2) I did smoke a lot less and found I was only smoking when I wanted one and not just because I could. This reduced my smoking during the England game to one just before, one at half time and one after when normally I'd get through at least 10.

3) Socially, standing outside smoking forced you into conversations with strangers which can only be a good thing. Especially birds.

The only drawback was that certain pubs did actually smell of farts which I was told would be a side effect.

Overall though I'm all for it.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Agree that it can only help me cut down on the tabs, although I do not want to give up as I love smoking.

Were there many people outside having a fag or have the majority given up?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There were quite a few outside at most times but it did seem in comparison to the amount of people in pubs that a few had packed it in.

In the long run I reckon I would either give up or would seriously cut down.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Banning smoking in Pubs - I'm now IN FAVOUR

Lush said:
I was informed on Saturday that farts don't smell on aeroplanes.

FACT

Perhaps they could depressurise pubs?

Maybe. However I did drop a fart on the way out of the place while the door was open and that stunkthe place right up.

LAUGH.

Why is it that you can smell sick but not farts?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Re: Banning smoking in Pubs - I'm now IN FAVOUR

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Maybe. However I did drop a fart on the way out of the place while the door was open and that stunkthe place right up.

LAUGH.

Why is it that you can smell sick but not farts?

You CAN smell farts on airplanes. I trumped all the way through a flight to Oz once, and the random passenger next to me did not look happy :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Banning smoking in Pubs - I'm now IN FAVOUR

Lush said:
I was informed on Saturday that farts don't smell on aeroplanes.

They do!

The Air Steward had to spray some air freshener all down the aisles because of my son's trouser coughs between Boston and Oralndo once. When asked why he was doing it by another passenger he just replied, in a southern states accent, that there was some "Bad Gas" .

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I agree Chapman. I used to be laissez faire about it but after a trip to Ireland, where even the smokers think the ban's a good thing, I've done a volte face.

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
Give it up. I have and believe me smokers you do not realise how bad it stinks on your clothes, on your breath. Kiss a bird that smokes, it's disgusting.
At home everybody house gets dusty but i never realised everything shelves, walls, curtains, all your posessions gets covered in a layer of nicotine stained dust thats harder to remove than ordinary dust.
But the best thing about giving is how much better you feel. No more coughing your guts up in the morning, a little bit of physical work without getting out of breath.

Everybody hates a reformed smoker, it's great.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Following a trip to DUBBERS over the weekend I can now say I am firmly IN FAVOUR of a ban on smoking in pubs and resteraunts.

1) It does make the atmosphere in pubs a lot nicer, never realised before the impact smoking has on the whole ambience of boozers.

2) I did smoke a lot less and found I was only smoking when I wanted one and not just because I could. This reduced my smoking during the England game to one just before, one at half time and one after when normally I'd get through at least 10.

3) Socially, standing outside smoking forced you into conversations with strangers which can only be a good thing. Especially birds.

The only drawback was that certain pubs did actually smell of farts which I was told would be a side effect.

Good solid reasoning there.

I have never smoked fags but every girl I have ever gone out with (and my wife) have smoked/smoke. I also use to smoke dope daily and visit the pub regularly so smoke never used to bother me. One bar I used to go to though, started a weekend non smoking policy and I couldn't believe the difference when I went in there on a weekday. Also my wife decided to stop smoking indoors for some reason...also, completely different inside now.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
butters(___!___)buttocks said:
i gave up my 20 - 30 a day after smoking for about 15 years. It's been 25 years 8 months 3 days and 2 1/2 hours since I had a fag (UK meaning, not USofA) - but who's counting?
Oh yes I am that old !

:lolol:

Is that you Mr Jackson? ???

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses

Hi Chappers :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Was looking out for the STRIPES in the City last weekend. What pubs did you frequent ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here