Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banners - LibDums Conference - Seagulls Part

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
LB, Roz etc.

We'd like to make a banner for the Conference but

"If one Lib-Dem Council can try to Destroy a football Club, what might a Lib-Dem government do to the Country"

is a bit long...

Any ideas on something a bit briefer please

Ta

(Oh and could the Giant Flag make an appearance?)

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
(Oh and could the Giant Flag make an appearance?)
I managed to do a brief inspection of the Giant Flag on Tuesday night.

It's not in a very good state and will need some cleaning and drying out.

It is also, of course, er... giant.

Getting it to the rally will present a few problems.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I have asked insider if there are any photos of the site that unlike those being banded about in the media and by LDC do not make it look like the hanging gardens of babylon!

Was thinking of a poster something like AONB? with a picture of the site showing the university buildings or the A27.

A few correct images of the site being waved around may have a visual impact and make people realise ANOB this site is not!!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Talking of Banners, is anyone up for contributing to the production of a LARGE banner which we could display initially (say) on one of the road bridges across the A23 on the Saturday/Sunday (when Lib Dems are arriving in Brighton), and then elsewhere strategically on the Monday/Tuesday? This may not be a good idea, as I'm not totally sure where it would go - and the Highways Agency/Police/B&H CC may want it removed! Any thoughts?

Seasider78 said:
I have asked insider if there are any photos of the site that unlike those being banded about in the media and by LDC do not make it look like the hanging gardens of babylon!

Was thinking of a poster something like AONB? with a picture of the site showing the university buildings or the A27.

A few correct images of the site being waved around may have a visual impact and make people realise ANOB this site is not!!

Excellent idea.

Needs to be as big as possible too.

Jim in the West said:
Talking of Banners, is anyone up for contributing to the production of a LARGE banner which we could display initially (say) on one of the road bridges across the A23 on the Saturday/Sunday (when Lib Dems are arriving in Brighton), and then elsewhere strategically on the Monday/Tuesday? This may not be a good idea, as I'm not totally sure where it would go - and the Highways Agency/Police/B&H CC may want it removed! Any thoughts?
Dozens of banners were put up on bridges just before the Labour Party conference two years ago.

They were ALL removed within an hour or two.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think the whole idea is that we DON'T slag off Lib Dems per se, just LDC Lib Dems. The objective is to get our point across to the vast bulk of Lib Dems that LDC are bismerching (sp) the reputation of their party.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Lord Bracknell said:
Dozens of banners were put up on bridges just before the Labour Party conference two years ago.

They were ALL removed within an hour or two.

As I feared. I'll stick to my one man protest idea (more later :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here