Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hull city

image.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not an absolute disaster granted, but to me it is the owners attitude that starts to ring alarm bells. The hissy fits that it is his club so he can do what he wants ( to the ordinary life long supporter these people are mere custodians/guardians ), along with the threats that he will walk away if he does not get his own way ( spoilt brat, stamping their feet syndrome ), it also says to me that he sees this purely as a business and he has none or very little emotional attachment to the club ( I realise he has lived in Hull for some time ). He tells people that he has pumped millions into the club ( the estimates range but an average is £50 million, ) Ok so if he wants out he will almost definitely get a very attractive return on his investmestment. I am unsure what the going rate is but a Premiership mid table club will more than cover his outlay. Anyone that comes into football should do so for the love of the game and do their utmost to run a club on a secure footing for future generations of fans and not because they are looking for a quick buck. Look closely and you will see not many clubs make much money ( even with todays available revenues ). Those that look for a long term, stable business will survive and flourish.

Allam took over in December 2010. When Hull's accounts for 2012-13 were published in November, they showed that Hull lost £28 million last season (when they were promoted). It takes total losses in his 3 years of control to £57 million. He has loaned the club £66 million (as of last July), and is earning 5% interest on his money.

He has said that he expects the club to lose another £11 million this season (and they have just spent £14 million on two new strikers).

Thank goodness for Tony Bloom, eh?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
if i'm down for the game I'll be bringing a frosties box along with me :thumbsup:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Hull suffer from having a clueless dick for a chairman just like Cardiff. The thing about people saying "he's the chairman, he can do what he wants". Well, that's what Archer did to us, he didn't change our name but sold our ground. It's basically not right that chairmen that come and go can mess with the consitiution, history and community of a Club. It's not right and I'm against it. I'm not having a hull love in but I do support them in resisting the name change. Also why the need? It's about power and control, nothing to do with being more marketable with tigers in the name. The effing badge is a tiger, they are called the tigers, their kit is an effing tiger and it's says it on the badge too. There's no advantage in changing the name whatsoever, apart from the owners own ego.

D

Deleted member 22389

Allam took over in December 2010. When Hull's accounts for 2012-13 were published in November, they showed that Hull lost £28 million last season (when they were promoted). It takes total losses in his 3 years of control to £57 million. He has loaned the club £66 million (as of last July), and is earning 5% interest on his money.

He has said that he expects the club to lose another £11 million this season (and they have just spent £14 million on two new strikers).

Thank goodness for Tony Bloom, eh?

It just shows you what a mess some of these clubs are in. Don't think some people understand how lucky we are. It's just unsustainable, and if this guy walks because he cannot get a name change that's Hull City finished.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can we get Everards Tiger beer as the away end guest ale? ???

:lolol:

Seriously it's an awful name change. I hate the Americanisation of the game with a passion.

Any Hull protest has my full support.

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Hull is a horrible place with horrible people I think for one day and one day only we should ditch Sussex by the sea and let the players come out to I'm a Tiger . ?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yup. The problem is this increasing and lazy polarisation in football. I want rowdy, intimidating atmospheres, to be playing at the highest level possible in a great stadium, and still feel part of a club with it's feet on the ground and in the community, and with a wider outlook and an attitude of respect to other clubs and a longer memory that what happened at the end of last season. None of that is mutually exclusive.

This. "Banter" with the opposition is a jokey, mickey-take between friends who support different clubs because they live in different cities - this is good. You try to raise your team up and I'll do the same, but it's not banter that disappears at what some have been calling a "love-in", it's the tribal hatred of someone for no good reason.

If Hull supporters reached out and asked for a banner then we bloody well should be putting it up, if they don't then we don't. But we should never refuse just because some neanderthals don't know the difference between banter and hatred.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This. "Banter" with the opposition is a jokey, mickey-take between friends who support different clubs because they live in different cities - this is good. You try to raise your team up and I'll do the same, but it's not banter that disappears at what some have been calling a "love-in", it's the tribal hatred of someone for no good reason.

If Hull supporters reached out and asked for a banner then we bloody well should be putting it up, if they don't then we don't. But we should never refuse just because some neanderthals don't know the difference between banter and hatred.

"Neanderthals" FFS. Brighton fans turning on each other as some of us don't want a banner supporting a Premier leagues team campaign. I just don't agree we need to get involved in every cause because we once had fans united. I think too many people miss those days and have forgotten we are just another football club

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Since when did supporting another club's fans protest against what is an unsavoury symptom of modern football and life in general constitute a 'love-in'? Agree it's not on the same scale as our struggle or Plymouth's plight, but if everyone took that attitude Fans Utd would never have gotten off the ground. Stop trying to be too cool for skool and grow up.

I am surprised using words like "gotten" I would have thought you would be a fan of Brighton seagulls vs hull tigers?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't see too many threads on here about Coventry's fans and their situation at the moment.

The point is we've got a match with Hull coming up. I'm sure if we were playing Coventry there'd be fans willing to show their support for them too. It's only a banner for crying out loud, not a massive love in. I hope it's a great atmosphere - no reason why we can't show their fans some respect too in the face of that d**khead of a chairman.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BNP sympathiser: " I support the BNP because there [sic] standing up to the erosion of our culture, not because I'm a thick racist. "

Five years later:

"I'm pissed off with these fk*ing foreign owners treating our football clubs with contempt and like their own personal play thing"

BNP sympathiser "**** em. Who cares? Protesting IS SO CRINGEY "

And yet I do have sympathy with those who don't want to get involved. Perhaps it is high time football fans got organised and protested to the FA that they're too incompetent to implement a worthwhile fit and proper test, but that on a matchday, we should leave it behind and carry on with our tribal tendencies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If THEY protest, with a song, then I'm all for joining in and showing our support. A banner of our own though - no thanks.

As ever, of course, the state of the match will determine what really happens. If they are grubbing us, nobody will join in. If its level, or we're ahead, they'll get plenty of support. Just like when the away attendance is clapped / booed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here