Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banner in support of No to Hull Tigers campaign ???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Can't believe the apathy from so many on here. I'm just thankful that back in 1996, fans of other clubs actually did give a shit and decided that just because someone owned a club, they couldn't do exactly what they wanted.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh dear. Bed wetters out in force.

I fail to see what [MENTION=23289]father_and_son[/MENTION] has posted makes him a "bed wetter". Banter is fine, poking fun at the opposition is fine but once it goes to hatred and "I'll smash their effing head in" it becomes stupid. moronic and caveman like. Only a complete moron would "hate" someone for their support of an opposing football team. Then again, there are plenty of that type of idiot in the ground most matches.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can't believe the apathy from so many on here. I'm just thankful that back in 1996, fans of other clubs actually did give a shit and decided that just because someone owned a club, they couldn't do exactly what they wanted.

Someone who wanted to ruin a club and profit from it someone wants to do something to strengthen the club and improve its finances and status. Can't see the common theme ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Someone who wanted to ruin a club and profit from it someone wants to do something to strengthen the club and improve its finances and status. Can't see the common theme ?

Tony wants to change the name to the Brighton Seagulls to improve our finances and status. "The name Albion doesn't mean anything," says Mr Bloom. "And, who really knows where Hove is. It's unimportant to our future. This way we can put Brighton on the map."

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tony wants to change the name to the Brighton Seagulls to improve our finances and status. "The name Albion doesn't mean anything," says Mr Bloom. "And, who really knows where Hove is. It's unimportant to our future. This way we can put Brighton on the map."

As I said it is the team I support, the name can be in whatever format it wants. Anyway that is a much bigger change than Hull Tigers and a town has been dropped and albion.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I fail to see what @father_and_son has posted makes him a "bed wetter". Banter is fine, poking fun at the opposition is fine but once it goes to hatred and "I'll smash their effing head in" it becomes stupid. moronic and caveman like. Only a complete moron would "hate" someone for their support of an opposing football team. Then again, there are plenty of that type of idiot in the ground most matches.

Calling fellow BHAFC fans 'Neanderthals' for not wanting a love-in? Yes that definitely qualifies as a bed wetter.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Calling fellow BHAFC fans 'Neanderthals' for not wanting a love-in? Yes that definitely qualifies as a bed wetter.

As a Uni student you might want to learn to read what someone has written. He called supporters who had a hatred of opposing fans "Neanderthals" not those that didn't want a love in. Any fan that hates another person for the team they follow or wants to do them harm for that reason is a Neanderthal - if that covers some BHA fans so be it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Got a problem with a nickname we've had for 35 years?

What about the Albion bit? Want to ditch that?

This is all about poor marketing tactics. He wants to build a global fan base - latest football marketing buzz phrase - when he hasn't yet built a Yorkshire fan base.

Closer home, let's look at the Palace Pier - renamed the Brighton Pier for marketing reasons, the argument being it would mean that tourists would know Brighton was famous for having a pier. Well that's really changed the fortunes of the town.

Your post is not strong enough. Prior to the seagulls, the previous nicknames were transient. Now we have a nickname that means something to the fans, was created by the fans and has a strong back story. It always makes me smile when the club lays claim to everything with 'seagulls' on it. It was created by the fans.

That's what I was going to say but the records do not show whether the nickname "the Tigers" comes from the shirts worn or whether the shirts were changed to match the nickname. I wonder if anybody knows whether it was created by the fans or not?!

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Shanghai Seagulls ra ra ra !!

This is the thin end of a very thick wedge.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I find the reaction to "Hull Tigers" rather bemusing. Yes, it's a stupid name, but what has happened here? A man has shown up prepared to put millions into the club, and once he's done so, then he pretty much does what he wants with it. It's not the first time, and won't be the last, so where is the "shock" factor in this.

Whatever next, football as a whole selling out to the highest bidder, who is pumps fortunes into the game in exchange for switching games to whatever kick-off they like as and when, taking the live coverage off terrestrial television onto pay channels, and telling us ad infinitum that we are watching "the best League in the World" to justify the money we pay out every month to watch the saturated coverage of it.

Who runs football in this country? Sky TV.
Who can change whatever they like about the product, as and when they choose, with zero regard for fans who attend games? Sky TV.
Why can they do this? Because they are the highest bidder.

Why the shock at Hull now, football sold itself to the highest bidder 20 years ago.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Uh oh. The sheep has spoken. Bore off. You add nothing to the debate.

:facepalm:

Careful you don't fall from your high horse.

Do you agree then that merging your existing name with your existing nickname is worse than moving a club 80 miles. You have seriously lost touch with reality.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why the shock at Hull now, football sold itself to the highest bidder 20 years ago.

I think the name, colours or even crest of a football club is a VERY sensitive thing. If you act like you don't give a toss what the fans think because "you know better", then you're going to be met with opposition.

Oh. And the, "they can go to hell" comment wasn't exactly the most endearing thing he could have said..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here