Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Banner for the Man City game

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I think most City fans know the score and are against it, they were the ones who booed the champions league music and got the club got fined.
most of their fans are decent and come from the city and surrounding areas, not like the red dukes of hazard along the road.

I would suggest someone reach out to their fans and ask if they want to do something together, they would be well up for it and would make a far greater impact than us just taking the piss out of ordinary fans.

Yes,I had a quick look on their forum earlier and the majority are pretty pissed off and planning protests at the next game and many of them saying they will boycott the club if it goes ahead.
I think this is an issue for all fans to join together to fight against those club's owners.
I think wait and see what kind of protests the fans of those club's start and then,as you say,contact their fans and join in with supporting their protests.
Cross club fan solidarity is very important with regards to this issue I believe.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Bye Bye City, City Bye Bye

You'll never win the PL again

If these clubs are kicked out of the PL (which is unlikely for several reasons), then all the money will be sucked out of the broadcasting rights...which hit all the other clubs in the PL hard. Clubs might not be able to pay their wage bill.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
TRAITORS
It will be the first time in front of hostile fans, let them know how we feel.

While not as short why not - "Man City Owners - TRAITORS"

That way it doesn't insult the fans who are actually against it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If these clubs are kicked out of the PL (which is unlikely for several reasons), then all the money will be sucked out of the broadcasting rights...which hit all the other clubs in the PL hard. Clubs might not be able to pay their wage bill.

Sky and BT have contracts until the end of next season. That will give clubs a bit of time to take stock, sell some players who are on longer contracts etc. And there'll still be a TV contract after that, just not so much. It will be tough but probably manageable for most clubs

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That’s been the excuse for taking all the crap from the money men for decades. Football needs a shake up and this could be the much needed reality check. Player wages need to be considerably lower and capped. There would be no point in trying to compete with the Tourist 6 so our clubs shouldn’t try.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Leeds United beat us to it. Banners everywhere outside and on the terrace.
Meanwhile LFC fans asking for their flags in the Kop End to be removed.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Personally I feel that traitors will be the perfect message.

I'll happily put in for a banner

Many real City fans will completely agree with the message. There will be no away fans there, so it will be directed to the players and club officials rather than the fans

I like the sentiment but it is NOT the players and club officials at fault - it’s the f***ing owners. The unfortunate thing is they don’t give a toss about the fans, the history, or anything honourable in the sport. They just want the thirty pieces of silver.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Much as I like to imagine that all the players and fans of Man City will be outraged and wracked by guilt over it, I expect the overwhelming majority will swallow it and tell themselves they're supporting the team or the club and not the owners or money men. It's why there's rarely any protests about owners at any club until the team performs badly and why people still keep paying to watch Newcastle while moaning about Mike Ashley, or turned up to watch Man U with a green and gold scarf and told themselves they were protesting against the Glazers. Anybody who continues going to Anfield or Old Trafford etc. is complicit, no matter how many overwrought posts they make on the Internet.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
People aren’t getting this. Fans are powerless. Especially those that turn up. And don’t go quoting the war years back at me, I lived and breathed them and it’s an entirely different situation. We’ve already seen how effective PL fan protests are eg Newcastle. The never ending ability of Billionaire owners to take the piss out of paying fans is only matched by fans capacity to allow it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Much as I like to imagine that all the players and fans of Man City will be outraged and wracked by guilt over it, I expect the overwhelming majority will swallow it and tell themselves they're supporting the team or the club and not the owners or money men. It's why there's rarely any protests about owners at any club until the team performs badly and why people still keep paying to watch Newcastle while moaning about Mike Ashley, or turned up to watch Man U with a green and gold scarf and told themselves they were protesting against the Glazers. Anybody who continues going to Anfield or Old Trafford etc. is complicit, no matter how many overwrought posts they make on the Internet.

Completely this!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Rather than one attacking City, how about “Thanks Tony Bloom - A truly fit and proper owner” or something along those lines?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Leeds United beat us to it. Banners everywhere outside and on the terrace.
Meanwhile LFC fans asking for their flags in the Kop End to be removed.

That’ll bring them to their knees...

Expect absolutely nothing but this initial outrage and you won’t be disappointed. Football leadership is an oxymoron, it’s run by spineless unprincipled corrupt administrators and owners interested in money only. Only the FBI are powerful enough to take FIFA on for example and that’s going at a snails pace.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
People aren’t getting this. Fans are powerless. Especially those that turn up. And don’t go quoting the war years back at me, I lived and breathed them and it’s an entirely different situation. We’ve already seen how effective PL fan protests are eg Newcastle. The never ending ability of Billionaire owners to take the piss out of paying fans is only matched by fans capacity to allow it.

I think you are under estimating the feeling of fans and how they won't put up with this, and also the Uk government who will see this as a political issue that they need to win for the Uk man on the street.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset

100%

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

And I thought those who went to see our club under Archer and Bellotti were heroes whose protests were justified?

What’s the difference between going to a Man U game to protest against the Glazers and screaming abuse at Bellotti at the Goldstone?

You make it sound like everyone who goes to a football game is a hypocrite if they don’t like the owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Rather than one attacking City, how about “Thanks Tony Bloom - A truly fit and proper owner” or something along those lines?

This is a brilliant idea and I'd like to contribute to it. It tells the others to bugger off and reinforces our recognition of, admiration for and lifelong debt to Tony Bloom and his family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here