Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned for life.. (Update: post #428)

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
If that ban is purely and only in reference to joining in with sheepshagging chants v Liverpool and nothing else, and theres no other "background" (ie being on some kind of warning already), then that truley is abominable by Hebbard.

I'd be going to the press with this and embarrassing the shit out of the club. Seriously.

Was not even warned by anyone on the night.

Thought it was something interesting when i saw the club badge.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
If that ban is purely and only in reference to joining in with sheepshagging chants v Liverpool and nothing else, and theres no other "background" (ie being on some kind of warning already), then that truley is abominable by Hebbard.

I'd be going to the press with this and embarrassing the shit out of the club. Seriously.

This and this!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Easy, have you lost it ?. Or is this a wind up of a wind up ?. But regarding the ground we all know

1. Richard Hebbard does not like NSC
2. Richard Hebbard has fallen out with people from NSC
3. Richard Hebbard has total control of everything that happens in the Amex and his word goes

Like it or not, those are the facts.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We have decided to impose a indefinite exclusion on you.

This implies that it might come to an end at sometime in the future, just that the length of the exclusion has not been determined, otherwise it might say "permanent" or "life ban".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Judging by the officious tone of the letter and the cc:'s at the bottom its far more likely to be genuine than fake. IMHO like.

Likewise.
Sid's just hurredly typed it out on here with a few typo's. The language and format looks pretty official to me.

If I've been had, then good one. But this looks genuine.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If it's not a wind up then I think the club are well out of order.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
RE: Confirmed Identification of racism (Brighton V Liverpool 21/09/11)

Dear Sid,

Following a complaint of racism on said date, you have be positively identified as a participant in this wholly unsavoury and unacceptable behaviour.

We have decided to impose a indefinite exclusion on you.

This means you will not be able to attend any matches at the AMEX Community Stadium, we will not be reviewing this at any stage. No appeals will be considered at any stage in the future. This will also prevent you from purchasing tickets for away games.

We are trying to create a welcoming, family friendly atmosphere here at the AMEX Community Stadium and therefore find such behaviour totally unacceptable hence the exclusion.

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Hebberd

cc: PC Darren Balkham
Chris Baker - Safety Officer.

The amount of f***ing money i spent on this lot ove the years.

Its over, finished.

Not sure what relevance that bit under "Chris Baker - Safety Officer" has.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
How the hell could the club retrospectively ban someone for something said, when nothing was done or witnessed on the night. CCTV will be good for visual pictures but surely can't be used to pick out what one person has said. Why would it take so long to have come out, or is it just a coincidence that this has come through the day after it was in the papers? You also started by saying you had a voicemail then you had a letter?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy, have you lost it ?. Or is this a wind up of a wind up ?. But regarding the ground we all know

1. Richard Hebbard does not like NSC
2. Richard Hebbard has fallen out with people from NSC
3. Richard Hebbard has total control of everything that happens in the Amex and his word goes

Like it or not, those are the facts.

Maybe I've been had, but this looks genuine to me. It'd be an odd thing to do a wind-up on.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
You don't need to scan the letter, just take a photo and blur out the private stuff like name and address.

I think the club would have asked you in for a meeting. If nothing else so they can actually identify you from the CCTV images so they know they are actually banning the right person. What happens if you gave your ticket to your mate, he mouths off some foul mouthed rant, then you get banned?

If it is true then the club need to take a long hard look at what they are actually trying to achieve here. Ban for 4 games, or even the season, but a lifetime ban home and away? If they have set this as a benchmark then thousands will be banned by the end of the season! I'm hoping this is some sort of wind-up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im thinking that if the club did take this step, then it would be because the action was serious enough to distinguish one person from the crowd of 22K, many of who would have shouted "sheep shagger". or we can expect quite a number of empty seats as a result of this.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
How the hell could the club retrospectively ban someone for something said, when nothing was done or witnessed on the night. CCTV will be good for visual pictures but surely can't be used to pick out what one person has said. Why would it take so long to have come out, or is it just a coincidence that this has come through the day after it was in the papers? You also started by saying you had a voicemail then you had a letter?

letter dated 5th October.

sceptical bods i can understand, this aint a wind up though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here