Cider Country
Marshy said:
Thats what i would put my money on !.....:(

Not if you've had your account cleaned out you wouldn't :jester:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Rangdo said:
If it's telling you to contact your issuer most likely it's been cancelled/frozen either because you got the PIN wrong three times, reported theft, unusual purchasing behaviour etc.

pin wrong 3 times, the ATM would take your card! maybe the magstrip/chip is faulty.. check another machine, or call the bank to check, and get a replacement.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
desprateseagull said:
pin wrong 3 times, the ATM would take your card!

Depends which bank I guess. I've done it before and it just locked me out but let me keep the card. I just had to ring the bank for them to unfreeze it so I could start using it again.

Last edited:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Card number is 1616161616161616 and the code is 999

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
edna krabappel said:
I had my card cloned once, I have a suspicion it was at a petrol station in Crawley, as I worked in the town and there was a spate of card frauds involving petrol stations up that way.

Someone managed to spend about £400 on my account in one day using a clone of my debit card. Fortunately, Barclays noticed it straight away and contacted me the same day to ask if I'd been splashing the cash in London.

When I said no, and confirmed I still had my card in my possession, I got all the money back.

My credit card was used to transport a 14 and 10 year asylym seekers from South Africa. I had applied for tickets for a show in London on the internet and my number was copied and used to the tune of £1,000 in some sort of scam involving - lets just say "non nationals". Fraud squad rang me at work one day after the bank had given them my number. They wanted to know had I given permission for my card to be used in South Africa.

The seekers were returned to Africa and my card wasn't debited.

Made for an exiting couple of days.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Shegull said:
My credit card was used to transport a 14 and 10 year asylym seekers from South Africa. I had applied for tickets for a show in London on the internet and my number was copied and used to the tune of £1,000 in some sort of scam involving - lets just say "non nationals". Fraud squad rang me at work one day after the bank had given them my number. They wanted to know had I given permission for my card to be used in South Africa.

The seekers were returned to Africa and my card wasn't debited.

Made for an exiting couple of days.

Obviously wasnt a very secure site. Which one was it so we know where to avoid.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Was trying to book for Phantom of the Opera when it was on in London a few years back. You had to give credit card details first and then you were told whether seats were available. If not then obviously nothing was debited to your card - well other than the odd asylum seekers plane fare of course.:lolol: :lolol:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Link network was down earlier today, and also for a period yesterday.

This is why your card wasn't read

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
My card wasn't accepted earlier at the club shop, went through fine second time though. Nevertheless I shall be watching my statement online like a hawk for the next few days...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P had her card rejected on Saturday in Debenhams. God knows why - there was plenty of money it the account having just been paid. 10 minutes later she went to the cashpoint and withdrew the cash instead and it was fine. Something wrong with the system I guess - but darned annoying. No matter what you say, you always get that look from the assistant.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
samparish said:
My card wasn't accepted earlier at the club shop, went through fine second time though. Nevertheless I shall be watching my statement online like a hawk for the next few days...

Hopefully your credit limit is about £200k and the club can get themselves a striker now :)

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
pasty said:
Mrs P had her card rejected on Saturday in Debenhams. God knows why - there was plenty of money it the account having just been paid. 10 minutes later she went to the cashpoint and withdrew the cash instead and it was fine. Something wrong with the system I guess - but darned annoying. No matter what you say, you always get that look from the assistant.

To be honest - its probably an embarrasseed one - when someone gets declined when im working, its really embarrassing to explain to the customer that its been declined. Also very frustrating, as we tend to get blamed by the customer!!!!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
'fraid so.

It's across Europe as well, not just us in the UK. France & Slovenia are both suffering outages too.

Causing proper havoc!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Bad Ash said:
Hopefully your credit limit is about £200k and the club can get themselves a striker now :)

:lolol: Sadly I'm about £300 into a £500 overdraft - still, does double the budget I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here