Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands you wish you had seen live

The Clash.

&

Walking down the Kings Road in London after work about nineteen years old (1981-2ish) a mate pulled up in a car and asked me if I wanted to go see Thin Lizzy as he had a spare ticket. I declined. Biggest musical regret.

Funnily enough I saw Lizzy at the Brighton Centre around that time and they were brilliant! Just thought that I'd rub it in a bit!

...And my thread has just gone into two pages - I think a little "my thread has just gone into two pages" dance of triumph is called for, and then a spot of lunch.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Funnily enough I saw Lizzy at the Brighton Centre around that time and they were brilliant! Just thought that I'd rub it in a bit!

Just to add a little more salt, I saw them two or three times at the centre and they are probably the best live act (or at least Phil Lynott was) that I've ever seen. Just brilliant.

My personal list of "wish I'd seen them" is:

Supertramp
Fleetwood Mac
The Jam
Led Zeppelin

I've been lucky enough to see nearly all the bands I've wanted to over the years apart from them.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Just to add some more salt on myself, I declined as I had a date and she didn't show.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by

That's my biggest one, although in reality I was only 11 when Cobain shot himself so wasn't really into their music then.

I don't think there's anyone i've really regretted not going to see since i've been old enough to go to gigs. The only person I can think of who I would regret not seeing if for some reason he doesn't come back again is Neil Young as i've been meaning to go with my old man for ages. Others such as Floyd, The Doors, The Who, ect, ect were a bit before my time

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Johnny Cash
Jeff Buckley
Joy Division

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
No particular reason, just felt like starting a thread. Mine are:-

Dr Feelgood - original line up with Wilko Johnson and Lee Brilleaux
Queen - With Freddie

Saw Dr Feelgood at the Lancing Leisure centre with Wilko.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here