Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands you were SO wrong about....

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
.... if that makes sense.

I've always thought of Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music as crap lounge lizard shite, mainly as the "best ofs" are clogged full of the bands latter songs and his awful solo releases.

Today, on a whim, i bought "For Your Pleasure" at the car boot for just a quid.

WHAT A FECKING ALBUM!!

1973 but sounds totally fresh today.

edit - i guess it was the Brian Eno influence

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Roxy - loved them from the moment I heard the opening chords of Virginia Plain

Entirely missed the point of the Smiths until I was dragged along by the missus to see Mozza live in the mid-1990s. Now love 'em.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well OK, not actually a group, but....

Many years ago I wasn't very enthusiastic about Leonard Cohen being on the bill at the Isle of Wight Festival (it was a long time ago; Hendrix was there too!) - but his performance was spell-binding!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Coldplay - liked them when they released yellow and played glastonbury - but now boring shite

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I really liked Noah and The Whale at first, they had a couple of good songs and a good style and sound. Trouble is, apart from the singles, everything else is absolute wrist-slitting dirge.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Take That, and in particular Gary Barlow. I spent most of my childhood thinking they were a fantastic band with a vast array of superb and iconic pop songs. They were my favourite band but perhaps no more than that. It's only in recent years that I've realised they actually meant a lot more to me. Now they're my world, the anthem to my life. Not a day goes past without Gary's explosive voice making love to my ear drums. Quite simply, they're life changing.

Agree with every word :bowdown:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Take That, and in particular Gary Barlow. I spent most of my childhood thinking they were a fantastic band with a vast array of superb and iconic pop songs. They were my favourite band but perhaps no more than that. It's only in recent years that I've realised they actually meant a lot more to me. Now they're my world, the anthem to my life. Not a day goes past without Gary's explosive voice making love to my ear drums. Quite simply, they're life changing.

Thats one of the funniest posts ever............:laugh::laugh:

Spoon

May 31, 2009

Well then you wern't wrong were you, if you've never changed your mind? ???

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Pink Floyd....Bought up on punk and conditioned to hate their genre

Then heard DSOTM a few years later and realised what id been missing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here