Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands You thought were 'No Longer' - but surprise surprise.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
jimmy is our leader ! maybe a CC 2 appearance?

About bloody time as well. Sham sacking Jimmy Pursey and thinking they could carry on was madness. Only a few bands have been able to carry it off. Iron Maiden comes to mind. I cannot go and see the Stranglers because ,for me Hugh Cornwall was intrinsic to their sound.

Sham played the CC2 a few years back as a one off gig and were gobsmacked by the turnout. They came back six weeks later and filmed a DVD there. It was rammed. End of last year they were booked to play there again sans JP and it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
A lot of those bands have lost members over the years ,but Sham just ain't Sham without Pursey and Parsons.

It would be like Adam and the Ants without Adam.......................................oh yeah , that was Bow Wow Wow.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Sisters of Mercy .....well you never know with them if they have just stopped or having a 15 year break.
Mind you,saw them at Sonisphere last week. Andrew Eldritch,the man in black , the godfather of Goth . The man that never moves.
Not anymore. He came bounding on the stage looking like a South London drug dealer. Shaved head , shades , white hoodie which was covering a green dayglo t shirt.He was having some banter with the audience.What has the world of Goth come to .
......Still bloody good though.

Jan 30, 2008
About bloody time as well. Sham sacking Jimmy Pursey and thinking they could carry on was madness. Only a few bands have been able to carry it off. Iron Maiden comes to mind. I cannot go and see the Stranglers because ,for me Hugh Cornwall was intrinsic to their sound.

Sham played the CC2 a few years back as a one off gig and were gobsmacked by the turnout. They came back six weeks later and filmed a DVD there. It was rammed. End of last year they were booked to play there again sans JP and it was cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
A lot of those bands have lost members over the years ,but Sham just ain't Sham without Pursey and Parsons.

It would be like Adam and the Ants without Adam.......................................oh yeah , that was Bow Wow Wow.

was at that gig mate ,my brother made a guest appearance on stage :facepalm: , also remember a few beer cans flying through the air when Borstal break out was played :lolol:

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
If you have a rummage on this site via the "search" facility you will find quite a lot of postings from aged rockers reminiscing about the good times that we had at the "Years". I think there was even a reunion a few years back at the Brighton Centre. Happy days.

Oh happy days indeed, not many weekends when I wasn't down at the years from 1976 to 81, best of times, only the bandwagon in London comes anywhere near the place..! Van Halen (with David Lee Roth) are rumoured to have reformed, shame Montrose or Starz don't reform or have they..??

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The Boomtown Rats. Erm, actually the Rats, well 2 of them. No Bob, no Johnny Fingers. But there is the drummer and one guitarist. Give it as miss.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Anyone going to the Bluetones Farewell gig tonight at Concorde 2?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here