Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands who had loads of success but were in actual fact shit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't let that one pass. The Libertines in all their short-lived glory were brilliant, and could have been great had Doherty's self destructive tendencies not poisoned his relationship with Carl Barat.

A twat, for sure, but not without talent.

I saw Doherty's debut "Live" performance with his new band Babyshambles after the demise of the Libertines.
He was so off his face it was not true... he had to be physicaly supported by two minders who carried him to the side of the stage.. where he missed his cue and the microphone and came back and, in ripping it from the stand, sent the mike stand in to the bass drum..... sad

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
you do talk some crap Kosh. The thread title says LOADS of success.

Perhaps if you'd titled it random list of bands who have had songs I don't like, yours no be getting the entirely justified flak

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
you do talk some crap Kosh. The thread title says LOADS of success.

It's all relative, really. I mean, compared to my music career Babybird had loads of success. Though, compared to my music career Same Difference had loads of success. Perhaps it would help if I had a music career...

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Slight different as the band did some good songs, Simply Red, but the singer who name i can't bear to write is a complete ****.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I saw Doherty's debut "Live" performance with his new band Babyshambles after the demise of the Libertines.
He was so off his face it was not true... he had to be physicaly supported by two minders who carried him to the side of the stage.. where he missed his cue and the microphone and came back and, in ripping it from the stand, sent the mike stand in to the bass drum..... sad

Indeed - he's a complete knob, who has f***ed up everything.

BUT. The Libertines fail to qualify for this thread on both counts. a. they did not have 'loads' of success, and b. were not 'shit'.

Babyshambles might qualify though.....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This one is going to be controversial I bet but.....

.....Muse

Can't stand anything they've done!! Saw them at Reading a few years back and thought they were shit so don't buy any of this best live band bollocks either.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Wellity wellity well, Buzzer gets all riled by a jokey thread, which he then starts to take far too seriously and then gets all aggressive... Hmmmmm true colours come shining through... not too brightly though, let’s face it.

Shame, I thought you a.) were possessed of a sense of humour and b.) were capable of reasoned and sensible debate and c.) were mature enough to get over yourself, just once.

If i've upset or offended you then I'm truly sorry, but you really ought to know that me and you, we're finished.

So long Buzzer... Each to his own way, I'll go mine, best of luck with what you find.

Kosh

Mar 13, 2008
Oi The Enemy are Quality.

As for being shit I would go for Meatloaf and Guns and Roses. Also bands like Green Day from the US who all sound the same
I hope you die.

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
back in the 70s my older brother smashed up the tv when baycity rollers came on

paul young should have been executed for covering Love Will Tear Us Apart

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I despise ALL those American bands that (try to) look like rock bands and 'do the actions' but are actually playing tedious pop songs.

Shaking your head, having long clean hair and shouting (a bit) is not making rock music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here