Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/singers that would take Glastonbury by storm in 2023

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mrs GB and I had the "Elton; headliner or legend?" convo while watching this year's offerings.

I'd personally love him to rock up on Sunday afternoon in full on 70's glam rock regalia and bang out all the hits. As Crodo would say, the crowd would be lapping it up and having an absolute hoot.

I'm not sure he quite has that "Saturday, Pyramid Stage" vibe. She reckons he could headline the whole shebang.

Elton John was playing at BST Hyde Park on Fri night, very good according to my mate.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
After seeing them last night in Coventry, Rammstein would literally blow the place away. Would never happen though.

Good call for Rammstein. I've only heard a few of their tracks but they seem to have a bizarre mix of techno & rock on some of them & it works. Heavy rock is not usually my type of music but I agree that they would be perfect for Glastonbury. :rock:

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
Good call for Rammstein. I've only heard a few of their tracks but they seem to have a bizarre mix of techno & rock on some of them & it works. Heavy rock is not usually my type of music but I agree that they would be perfect for Glastonbury. :rock:
The rumour is that they will be playing Wembley Stadium next year. If they do get yourself a ticket, you won't regret it

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Again, slightly beyond the realms of possibility, but wouldn't The Monkees be great?

The Doors might be a hoot too

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Am amazed that in his storied career Elton John has never played Glastonbury. Surely at the very least he would be a shoe in for the Sunday afternoon legends slot and he's got enough material to headline a night.

Post #6 in the thread and I no longer need to read on....Top work Crodo :lolol:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The rumour is that they will be playing Wembley Stadium next year. If they do get yourself a ticket, you won't regret it

My son is going to Cardiff to see them on Thur, he is a big fan & the tickets are from pre-covid. If I were to get a ticket to Wembley & say I was going with him (no-one I know would like the music) he would probably 'accidentally' lose me at Brighton station. Unless I had his ticket on me. :D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
According to Mr Eavis the next two years headliners are already booked. I reckon one will be Elton.

Everything I’ve read/heard suggests that Elton John and Taylor Swift are both completely nailed on to be headlining next year.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rollins Band (Mother Superior line up). If you know, you know.

Iggy and The Stooges.

Iron Maiden

LCD Soundsystem

Flaming Lips

But it'll no doubt be some more music for the elderly.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I’d love to see Pavement Headline the other stage, LCD Soundsystem would be another good one, Taylor Swift is a guilty pleasure of mine and I wouldn’t mind seeing Arctic Monkeys give another crack. There’s quite a few who missed out this year who I think will be there next year that’ll go down well, obviously not headlining but, BCNR, Shame, King Krule, Working Men’s Club to name a few. Would love to see PUP and Katy J Pearson given a televised slot as well.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Abba.

The real Abba, not the hologram thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mrs GB and I had the "Elton; headliner or legend?" convo while watching this year's offerings.

I'd personally love him to rock up on Sunday afternoon in full on 70's glam rock regalia and bang out all the hits. As Crodo would say, the crowd would be lapping it up and having an absolute hoot.

I'm not sure he quite has that "Saturday, Pyramid Stage" vibe. She reckons he could headline the whole shebang.

It wasn’t long ago that an “older” act would headline the pyramid stage and close out the festival on Sunday. The Who and Stevie Wonder come to immediate mind. I reckon he could do this. Whatever slot it is….it has to be done in outrageous outfits though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rollins Band (Mother Superior line up). If you know, you know.

Iggy and The Stooges.

Iron Maiden

LCD Soundsystem

Flaming Lips

But it'll no doubt be some more music for the elderly.

Bruce Dickinson has previously slagged off Glastonbury so he might not be on their invite list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here