Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands from your youth that you have recently re-discovered?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't understand how you can 're-discover' bands from your past... you either still like them or never liked them in the first place? Personal opinion of course, but I did have a flash of someone saying the Only Ones, may sometimes forget such bands genius, but it ain't 're-discovering'.

Well, it depends what you mean by re-discover.

The Only Ones was me...I hadn't listened to, or thought about them for probably more than ten years. Going through my cd collection I came across them, and remembered how much I'd loved them in the past. So, despite always loving their music when I listen to it, it took me to physically find their music to remind myself of this fact. I'd say that this is re-discovering them.

It happens quite often with me - I forget bands then, and I can't think of s better word for it, I re-discover them.

This is making me think, and I've just remembered The Saints. I'm off to re-discover them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I listened to Travelogue by The Human League the other day and had forgotten what a great album it is.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blodwyn Pig - yes, remember them - saw them live; not bad - wouldn't mind another listen. Would like to find early Caravan tracks too...................and Keef Hartley Band, and Jon Hiseman's Coliseum (all pretty elusive on YouTube)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Some music never goes away...... marillion and fish has always been first choice on my pod.

But recently downloaded ACDC Back in Black and ELO discography + Midnight Oils 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden sometimes soon methinks.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
bed by 5.30 never ceases to amaze me what a great album that is and it never got the recognition it deserved.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Didn't really have enough money "in my 60s youth" to buy many records but have recently been catching up on the Move, Procul Harem and the Stones (having been a Beatles fan all my life). Recently bought the Stones "Singles Collection - the London Years" that has 56 tracks of great music.

boik

Can and Neu! - was listening to "Reign" by UNKLE and it reminded me of something, and eventually that something turned out to be Hallogallo by Neu! Forgotten just how good those two bands were. Much better than Kraftwerk in my humble opinion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last week I went a bit "Madchester" and bought both The Mock Turtles albums, "Sundew" by Paris Angels and Stone Roses second album. "Sundew" is a particular favourite.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Now this is my kind of thread. Recently been rediscovering the industrial and ambient seam i ploughed in the early 90s. Meat Beat Manifesto, Sheep on Drugs, The Grid and Bandulu to name a few. I would highly recommend the album 99% by Meat Beat Manifesto to the uninitiated. The track Psyche Out is phenomenal and well ahead of its time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here