Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands from your youth that you have recently re-discovered?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Been listening to alot of The Specials lately, more from my childhood than my youth but my god, their eponymous album is in a different league. Particularly enjoying the second half of Too Much Too Young, the dubby version. Absolutely love everything about it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
For me it has got to be 'Blodwyn pig' that really bloody dates me! but they still sound so good:smile:

Will see your Blodwyn Pig,and raise you Groundhogs and Van der Graaf Generator :rock:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can't stop listening to the verves 'storm in heaven' album of late and primal screams 'screamadelica'

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not from my youth but 10 years on 'Up The Bracket' still sounds bloody great.

Did you get that NME issue with other bands doing the tracks from Up the Bracket last week? A bit like the curate's egg - good in parts.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Johnny and the Lubes, double a side single 'i got rabies' and 'terror in the parking lot' :)

Found it when clearing out the attic. Dates from about 1973??

Worryingly I still like it!!

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Did you get that NME issue with other bands doing the tracks from Up the Bracket last week? A bit like the curate's egg - good in parts.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I think the best ones were where they'd been a bit inventive. The Albion sails on course.....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Seriously, The Rolling Stones, hated them in my youth, without really listening to them, probably because I was into soul, jazz funk, lovers rock and ska. But I now realise what a great band they were.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Seriously, The Rolling Stones, hated them in my youth, without really listening to them, probably because I was into soul, jazz funk, lovers rock and ska. But I now realise what a great band they were.

Me to, but love the stones now and have been listening to 'Black and Blue' for the past week. What Jazz funk were you into? for me it was 'Earth wind and fire' and 'Tower of Power'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My fallback band is usually The Inspiral Carpets, great stuff.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My fallback band is usually The Inspiral Carpets, great stuff.

Hmmm, used to love them, but saw them at a festival this summer. I was really looking forward to it, but they seemed tired and dated. Maybe I'll dig them out and have another listen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here