Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bands/acts which went downhill after their FIRST album

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe it was Boston who had a mammoth first album and the spent 6 years on a second album that flopped :jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Travis
Stereophonics (Yes Tinx, it's true)
Ash (their debut album was their best but saying they went downhill is harsh).

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The Pharcyde (having said that, LabCabinCalifornia is a brilliant second album, but nothing could have topped Bizarre Ride and they went downhill quicker than an avalanche after that)

Kula Shaker (although again as everyone knows Peasants, Pigs & Astronauts was an absolute masterpiece and should have sold billions)

The Spice Girls (although, again, Spiceworld has some excellent moments…)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
oasis? i dont think so...:nono:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Travis
Stereophonics (Yes Tinx, it's true)
Ash (their debut album was their best but saying they went downhill is harsh).

I'm not disagreeing with you here

Travis first Album was by far the best

Sterophonics best album was their first but since then the most recent labum is almost as good.

Altohugh The best Ash album was kind of the second album really as Trailer was thier first album (altohugh perhaps it is classed as a mini album) and 1977 was their second album which I thought was a true classic of its time.

All three bands are still class though if you ask me.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Benny Zamora said:
The Pharcyde (having said that, LabCabinCalifornia is a brilliant second album, but nothing could have topped Bizarre Ride and they went downhill quicker than an avalanche after that)

Didn't help that Fat Lip left, then Slim Kid Tre, leaving just the other two, Imani and Booty Brown to write stuff...

Wu-Tang Clan definately went downhill.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Benny Zamora said:
Yeah, all a bit karaoke. I nearly bought Fat Lip's new un, Writer's Block, the other day but ran outta dosh, you heard it?

Nah - let me know if its any good. "Todays the Day" with Chali 2na is pretty damn dope.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Barnet Seagull said:
Manic's (cue Tinx)

Ok I'll take the bait. Their best album was their third, after that they became shit but albums one two and three were all class.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oasis
The Stone Roses
The Libertines

I am not saying their albums which followed were not good but they were not AS good as the first ones.

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
hampden park said:
toy dolls

I saw the Toy Dolls just last summer. They were pretty good (and yes, they still play Nellie the Elephant). I thought they'd split up 25 years ago, but apparently not.

Any band that takes to the stage to a fanfare of "The Final Countdown" played on kazoos is OK in my books.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here